Jump to content

Jose Abreu

Members
  • Content count

    13,862
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Jose Abreu last won the day on November 9

Jose Abreu had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

403 Top Notch

About Jose Abreu

  • Rank
    Minor League Instructor
  • Birthday 08/13/1999

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Chicago, IL

Previous Fields

  • Favorite Sox Minor League Affiliate
    Winston-Salem Dash (High-A)
  • Favorite Sox player
    Abreu/Moncada
  • Favorite Sox minor leaguer
    Luis Robert/Dylan Cease
  • Favorite Sox moment
    Buehrle's perfect game, 05 WS and 08 blackout game
  • Favorite Former Sox Player
    Mark Buehrle

Recent Profile Visitors

1,641 profile views
  1. There's way too much "Harper is overrated because of WAR" going on here. We're talking about a guy who, over his last four seasons, has never had an OBP lower than .373. That's not even factoring in his power or the fact that he is just now entering his prime. Diminishing him to "he's just 17 WAR in 6 seasons" is a pretty weak argument to me. If you really think that Travis Shaw and Marcus Semien (higher WAR than Harper in 2018) were better than Harper last year then I don't know what to tell you other than you might want to rely less on WAR.
  2. Grandal is an excellent framer and maybe a top 3 hitting catcher in baseball but I just don't see why we'd be a top suitor
  3. We have no evidence that Bryce or Manny like ANY organization, unless you actually believe the Nightengale reports that they've had agreements with the Phillies/Yankees respectively for months
  4. Jose Abreu

    Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

    Good job, Seahawks.
  5. It is for those reasons about the Nats that I think the White Sox are one of 2 serious contenders. However I'd guess that the Phillies have around a 50% chance while we're closer to 25%, with the other 25% being the field.
  6. $300 million with zero opt-outs isn't a serious offer IMO. It's more of a "hey look, we tried" thing for the fanbase, as he obviously wouldn't accept a deal without any opt-outs unless the total money was outrageous
  7. Jose Abreu

    2018-2019 Official NBA thread

    How? The last few years, the Bears have rarely had any prime time games. Unless you meant the opposite situation of the Bears right now, in which case I'd agree.
  8. Levine: Industry source says "White Sox are serious about Harper/Machado"
  9. Jose Abreu

    Jose Abreu wins Silver Slugger

    What does Fangraphs define as high leverage? What I see on bbref is a career .882 OPS in low leverage, .855 in medium leverage, and .862 in high leverage
  10. Jose Abreu

    Jose Abreu wins Silver Slugger

    Nobody is offended, we're just pointing out that what you're saying is demonstrably untrue. Yes, he is a solid hitter. Yes, he is a poor defender. Yes, he is a good clubhouse guy. But "he doesn't hit when it matters" is just flat out wrong. His career OPS by leverage is remarkably consistent. His month by month career splits show that he is an above average hitter in every month of the season. You saying he can't hit "when it matters" is just the manifestation of some weird bias against him.
×