**7/10 Game Thread: White Sox vs Braves**

Brian

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)
Sox need two bats and two good relievers.

I assume you also mean good bats. That would cost us Q or Rodon and Fulmer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
Absolutely not true. Eaton jogs to first all the time on his routine groundouts

Pretty much all major leaguers do this when they realize they hit it right at someone.Not sure I'd call it lack of hustle. It's more disappointment in yourself and moping. It's a very long season and sprinting leads to pulled muscles. It's just routine maintenance for the long haul. Moping and maintenance.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
Pretty much all major leaguers do this when they realize they hit it right at someone.Not sure I'd call it lack of hustle. It's more disappointment in yourself and moping. It's a very long season and sprinting leads to pulled muscles. It's just routine maintenance for the long haul. Moping and maintenance.

I don't disagree with you on this at all. That situation though probably calls for max effort

This weekend is precisely why I think it would be foolish for the front office to "go for it" and trade more potential future assets (off the major league roster or the minor leagues)on the slim chance they can somehow grab the second wild card spot.

You lose two of three AT HOME to the worst team in baseball.

The only consistent thing about the White Sox is their frustratingly inconsistency.

Still shaking my head over this weekend.

Now add in the fact they are unable to beat Cleveland, Kansas City or Detroit on a regular basis and you see "going for it" is a fool's errand.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1