"Justice Done for Jose Quintana"

Y2Jimmy0

I would agree with the author this is the baseball gods taking care of Q. Very nice he made the team despite his team's pathetic support of him. Hope he gets to pitch in the game. I doubt he will, though. It'd be nice to have Ned go with Sale, then a righty, then Q third.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
I would agree with the author this is the baseball gods taking care of Q. Very nice he made the team despite his team's pathetic support of him. Hope he gets to pitch in the game. I doubt he will, though. It'd be nice to have Ned go with Sale, then a righty, then Q third.

Yost has already said he plans to use five starters for the first five innings, with Quintana in the fifth slot.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 03:55 AM)
Yost has already said he plans to use five starters for the first five innings, with Quintana in the fifth slot.

I'd let Sale go two innings if he gets through the first unscathed.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 07:55 PM)
"justice" will be done for Jose when the White Sox score some damn runs when he pitches. /s Kappa

Pitching wins don't matter. Ever. Separate pitching performance from pitching wins.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Pitching wins don't matter. Ever. Separate pitching performance from pitching wins.

Sabes people can say that all they want. The baseball announcers and writers go by wins and losses and ERA and strikeout vs. walk totals.

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
And those announcers are moronic and sound stupid.

Not really. Also, they talk about batting average, homers and RBIs. Sometimes OBP is listed on the screen but you rarely if ever hear an announcer say what a guy's on base percentage is. Sabes people are still considered like Trekkies, cultish.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Not really. Also, they talk about batting average, homers and RBIs. Sometimes OBP is listed on the screen but you rarely if ever hear an announcer say what a guy's on base percentage is. Sabes people are still considered like Trekkies, cultish.

I know you never let facts get in the way of a good arguement, but here's an article from 3 years ago talking about some announcers bringing in more advanced stats when they call the games.

Link

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)

The best announcing team in Chicago talks OBP and "sabes" all the time.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
I know you never let facts get in the way of a good arguement, but here's an article from 3 years ago talking about some announcers bringing in more advanced stats when they call the games.

Link

Robert Ford is the former Royals postgame show guy who is a big Sabes guy. I truly don't think other announcers dabble in Sabes at all. I mean they might mention SOME Sabes stat once a month. Royals announcers don't do it. Hawk would rather be slugged in the head with a bat than discuss Sabes stuff.