Todd Frazier Trade Rumor

Chicago White Sox

It was Bruce Miles, not Levine. He kind of mentioned it offhand, like "So what if Frazier got traded?", as if he had heard something and was throwing it out there.

They are gonna ask Levine when he calls in today

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:17 AM)
It was Bruce Miles, not Levine. He kind of mentioned it offhand, like "So what if Frazier got traded?", as if he had heard something and was throwing it out there.

They are gonna ask Levine when he calls in today

Thanks for clarifying. Will be interesting to see what Levine has to say on this.

The concern is that Frazier is going to ask for a lot of money in arbitration, right? Somewhat understandable as power numbers are sexy, but he doesn't really hit for average. He leads the league in popups and is getting killed by the shift this year.

I wouldn't want the Sox to sell on him yet, but I get that the home runs tend to hide a good-not-great player.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
The concern is that Frazier is going to ask for a lot of money in arbitration, right? Somewhat understandable as power numbers are sexy, but he doesn't really hit for average. He leads the league in popups and is getting killed by the shift this year.

I wouldn't want the Sox to sell on him yet, but I get that the home runs tend to hide a good-not-great player.

Just a general estimate based on last year - Arolids Chapman went into Arbitration with a salary of $8 million and 1 year away from free agency, wound up at $11.325 million this year.

I think that's probably, plus or minus a million dollars, the range Frazier probably would look at.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
Just a general estimate based on last year - Arolids Chapman went into Arbitration with a salary of $8 million and 1 year away from free agency, wound up at $11.325 million this year.

I think that's probably, plus or minus a million dollars, the range Frazier probably would look at.

I want to say there was discussions about a 6/100 deal when he was with Cincy still.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
I'd package Frazier and David Robertson in a blockbuster. Sox get 5-6 Bosox prospects or Dodger prospects or Yankee prospects?

That's actually one of your less bad ideas.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
I'd package Frazier and David Robertson in a blockbuster. Sox get 5-6 Bosox prospects or Dodger prospects or Yankee prospects?

Not getting Boston prospects for them. They want starting pitching first and foremost.

2B/3B is where Moncada will go, likely 3B to start because Shaw is more expendable than Pedroia.

They just traded for Ziegler, so they're not going to add another closer at the cost of Benitendi...especially when that closer is paid in the same territory salary-wise as Jonathan Papelbon. They'll be be fine when Kimbrel returns from surgery with Uehara, Tazawa, Ziegler and Kimbrel, plus some of their failed starters or prospects can be thrown into the mix if need be.

Pre-Ziegler trade, it would actually have made some sense, but there's still no way we were getting Moncada back.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
Trading Robertson and Frazier at one tme would be great. The Sox might do better off just trading Robertson right now,

Then bring up Burdi and Fulmer .

Burdi is far from being ready. He looks like he needs at least 1 year in the minors so not before middle of next season. And with how much Fulmer has struggled in AA he needs at least another year in the minors if he's going to be a starter. If he finishes strong in AA then he can start next year at AAA and be an early call up if he has success.

Look at a guy like Mengden in Oakland who basically dominated AA and AAA this year and he has only been mediocre at the major league level. It's a big step to make.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
Pre-Ziegler trade, it would actually have made some sense, but there's still no way we were getting Moncada back.

The only way the Sox get Moncoda is if they are willing to part with Quintana.

I would peg Frazier's value at one top 50 prospect and a lower lever guy.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Burdi is far from being ready. He looks like he needs at least 1 year in the minors so not before middle of next season. And with how much Fulmer has struggled in AA he needs at least another year in the minors if he's going to be a starter. If he finishes strong in AA then he can start next year at AAA and be an early call up if he has success.

Look at a guy like Mengden in Oakland who basically dominated AA and AAA this year and he has only been mediocre at the major league level. It's a big step to make.

Its looking like fulmer and burdi will be up this year unless they totally bomb.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)
They can't trade Frazier anyway.

Not if they want to compete in 2017. Unless they're counting on Saladino again at that position. Or Davidson.

At any rate, it won't happen as long as Hahnilliams is still around to make the decisions.

I agree that there is close to zero chance that Hahn/Williams trade Frazier.

But if they shore up other spots via that trade, they certainly could compete. He's no difference maker.

Saladino should be getting more at bats the way this team is stacked up anyway. it would be nice to see what they have in him (although eagle-eye Hahn is likely convinced he's a utility infielder).

While I realize that the prime motivation in drafting Burdi was this year's pen, it would be ridiculous to bring him up.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
I agree that there is close to zero chance that Hahn/Williams trade Frazier.

But if they shore up other spots via that trade, they certainly could compete. He's no difference maker.

Saladino should be getting more at bats the way this team is stacked up anyway. it would be nice to see what they have in him (although eagle-eye Hahn is likely convinced he's a utility infielder).

While I realize that the prime motivation in drafting Burdi was this year's pen, it would be ridiculous to bring him up.

If the Sox are going to utilize Saladino he needs to play some OF to go along with his infield skills. I know he hurt his arm ( elbow ?) making a throw from the OF in the minors but so what . If he wants to play more and get more AB's than Avi he should be all for it.

He's fast enough and athletic enough to play OF decently and would be worth more.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
If the Sox are going to utilize Saladino he needs to play some OF to go along with his infield skills. I know he hurt his arm ( elbow ?) making a throw from the OF in the minors but so what . If he wants to play more and get more AB's than Avi he should be all for it.

He's fast enough and athletic enough to play OF decently and would be worth more.

Or, we could 3B Saladino, 1B Frazier, DH Abreu vs LHP. Morneau as DH vs RHP with no Saladino. No Avi ever. Problem solved

Edited by Jose Abreu