Todd Frazier Trade Rumor

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Its looking like fulmer and burdi will be up this year unless they totally bomb.

For the 2016 season, Fulmer = Beck and Burdi = Kahnle

FWIW. Their ceilings are obviously way higher but why rush them when we aren't going anywhere? Burdi is getting hit around way too much in the low minors for a guy who throws 100. There's something not right there he needs to work on.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
If the Sox are going to utilize Saladino he needs to play some OF to go along with his infield skills. I know he hurt his arm ( elbow ?) making a throw from the OF in the minors but so what . If he wants to play more and get more AB's than Avi he should be all for it.

He's fast enough and athletic enough to play OF decently and would be worth more.

Saladino can't play the OF anymore.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 10:56 PM)
I agree that there is close to zero chance that Hahn/Williams trade Frazier.

But if they shore up other spots via that trade, they certainly could compete. He's no difference maker.

Saladino should be getting more at bats the way this team is stacked up anyway. it would be nice to see what they have in him (although eagle-eye Hahn is likely convinced he's a utility infielder).

While I realize that the prime motivation in drafting Burdi was this year's pen, it would be ridiculous to bring him up.

I'm also convinced that Saladino is a utility infielder. He's a good one though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
I want to say there was discussions about a 6/100 deal when he was with Cincy still.

If that's the going rate, the White Sox probably shouldn't pay him, which kind of forces a trade situation. I don't want to trade him, either, but I get why they would.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:53 AM)
If that's the going rate, the White Sox probably shouldn't pay him, which kind of forces a trade situation. I don't want to trade him, either, but I get why they would.

Agreed. I mean I like what he's done so far but I don't think he'd be worth that deal.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 06:43 AM)
I'm also convinced that Saladino is a utility infielder. He's a good one though.

May be.

But let's find out. He's out hitting the current DH, so what's the harm in giving him at bats?

If the Sox trade him, as the Sox likely will if they make a significant trade, they get utility infielder value, which is very little (Hahn/Williams routinely overpay for utility infielders, but he isn't trading with himself). I'd like to find out if that's his real value; and his value won't decline by giving him at bats. And the team won't get worse because the alternative is Avi.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 07:53 AM)

Looking it up, one of the proposals from Fraziers camp was actually 7/100

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/todd-frazier

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 05:43 AM)

See I'm with you on this one. I don't see why everyone is calling for him to be a regular. He's obviously highly regarded by the people in this forum, but he's a career .261 hitter in the minors (over a large sample 541 games)... .233 in his major league at bats. He's shown some improvement this year, but I still think he maxes out at .250 12-14 HRs, 50 RBI and about that many runs scored. He's basically the infield version of Avi Garcia with those numbers, but everyone loves him because he doesn't play everyday and the speculation is that he would be great if he did. Great guy off the bench though with his position versatility.

Edited by FT35

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
See I'm with you on this one. I don't see why everyone is calling for him to be a regular. He's obviously highly regarded by the people in this forum, but he's a career .261 hitter in the minors (over a large sample 541 games)... .233 in his major league at bats. He's shown some improvement this year, but I still think he maxes out at .250 12-14 HRs, 50 RBI and about that many runs scored. He's basically the infield version of Avi Garcia with those numbers, but everyone loves him because he doesn't play everyday and the speculation is that he would be great if he did. Great bat off the bench though with his position versatility.

Unlike Avi - he can play great defense. Also unlike Avi, he's a great baserunner. I don't want Saladino to be our DH of forever, but he's better than Avi now.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
Unlike Avi - he can play great defense. Also unlike Avi, he's a great baserunner. I don't want Saladino to be our DH of forever, but he's better than Avi now.

Yes, even as a utility player, Tyler Saladino has a LOT of value. He plays plus defense at the very least at three positions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
Yes, even as a utility player, Tyler Saladino has a LOT of value. He plays plus defense at the very least at three positions.

Correct...but playing him as a regular would sort of eliminate what makes him valuable--his plus defense/versatility off the bench. Unless you plan on sitting someone different everyday to make room for Tyler to be in the lineup everyday. To DH him would be a wash since fielding is what he does well. I guess my point is that I think they are using him well right now in his current role.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 01:19 PM)
Correct...but playing him as a regular would sort of eliminate what makes him valuable--his plus defense/versatility off the bench. Unless you plan on sitting someone different everyday to make room for Tyler to be in the lineup everyday. To DH him would be a wash since fielding is what he does well. I guess my point is that I think they are using him well right now in his current role.

DHing him could mean they use a rotating DH giving players days off from the field.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
DHing him could mean they use a rotating DH giving players days off from the field.

Sox could be honestly using a rotating dh now with him and arent. Problem is they dont have a good bat to be backing up like a zobrist. But you look at having a true dh like ortiz thats a huge bat. Problem sox are in the middle of not having a big bat at dh or having a good bat thats on the bench.