All-star gamethread: American League vs. National League

brian310

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)
David Ortiz is supposedly really pushing for the Red Sox to sign Encarnacion as his replacement. Guess they're very good friends. MLB starting to follow some of the NBA player movement trends...

They're going to have to start looking into tampering more like the NBA.

Did anyone here want the Sox to sign Daniel Murphy?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 09:49 PM)
They're going to have to start looking into tampering more like the NBA.

Did anyone here want the Sox to sign Daniel Murphy?

I'm sure some did but after he was a butcher in the WS, people may have got cold feet.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm sure some did but after he was a butcher in the WS, people may have got cold feet.

He was certainly a liability with the glove in the WS.

Something I don't understand, why does Ned Yost insist on cutting short Salvador Perez's career and offensive potential? He catches too many games and sooner than later his body is going to start breaking down

Man, the disrespect Quintana has gotten... I searched his name to Twittter only to find Red Sox fans complaining that he's pitching over Wright, or tweets like this:

Sam Fick

‏@FammySick

Michael Fulmer: 9-2 with a 2.11ERA as a rookie. Jose Quintana: 7-8 with a 3.21ERA...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 10:07 PM)
Man, the disrespect Quintana has gotten... I searched his name to Twittter only to find Red Sox fans complaining that he's pitching over Wright, or tweets like this:

Sam Fick

‏@FammySick

Michael Fulmer: 9-2 with a 2.11ERA as a rookie. Jose Quintana: 7-8 with a 3.21ERA...

man dude we even have alleged sox fans thrashing him... in this f***ing forum ffs.

With Fulmer, there you have the typical "rookie will pay his dues" thing, just shut up, smile and be happy...which I'm sure is exactly what Fulmer is doing anyway.

He should just be contented his career wasn't jinxed by remaining with the Mets and ending up in their mobile M.A.S.H. unit.

Using a knuckleballer for one inning as a reliever in a tight game you're trying to win for your league is also pretty dumb.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
I CAN NOT WAIT for David Ortiz to retire. On the broadcast they said he is "Everything a superstar is and should be"....oh...you mean like a PED user??? Real f***ing nice.

Him and Colon. Ridiculous love for those 2 roiders/quitter(Colon). Just shook my head when the crowd gave Bartolo a huge round of applause at presentations.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 13, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
I CAN NOT WAIT for David Ortiz to retire. On the broadcast they said he is "Everything a superstar is and should be"....oh...you mean like a PED user??? Real f***ing nice.

That whole 2004 Red Sox team was so tainted. It makes me so mad because the 2005 White Sox were essentially PED-free (maybe Pablo Ozuna).

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 12, 2016 -> 08:11 PM)
He should be pulled then. This game still has merit.

It would make more sense to change the game back to an exhibition like it was originally meant to be.

Edited by Iwritecode