Sox Looking for CFers

GGajewski18

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 9m9 minutes ago

Sources: #WhiteSox, unsure of Austin Jackson’s prognosis, are checking into possible trades for CFer. Jackson had knee surgery on June 10.

Josh Nelson ‏@SSS_joshnelson 5m5 minutes ago Chicago, IL

I wonder if Charlie Blackmon would be a possible CF target for the White Sox?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Padres is a good team to start with. You already know they'll eat cash and we wont have to give up many prospects. See how much cash they'll eat in Upton's contract for this year and next year.

Allen it's possible he tanks. But I think he would be tanking in that park on both sides of the ball. He's doing quite well right now. Also there's the possibility Jon Jay is healthy before the deadline.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Shuck has been pretty good the last month.

Agreed, but there was no way to predict that based on his performance through the April and May

I'll rain on the Shuck parade. So far he's worth about 5 runs surrendered right now. That's bad. Realistically you want most of your OFers at or close to 0. But right now we have 2 guys giving up about 13 runs playing in the OF.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Agreed, but there was no way to predict that based on his performance through the April and May

His year long numbers are actually right in line with his rookie year when he got regular playing time, and with what he put up last year. April and May were the aberration.

Yah, not really sure on Shuck. I've always been a decent fan of his - but he definitely a 4of type of guy who can fill in long stretches decently -- preferably in LF or RF. Throwing him in CF is not ideal.

I still like Billy Hamilton.. A guy I've been about for a while. He's going to hit .235, but when he's on base he can change a game in a second. Imagine a 9-1-2 of Hamilton, Anderson, Eaton on the bases before Abreu, Frazier, Melky.

Any of those guys get on? Stolen bases. Really can change a pitchers approach.

Plus his defensive in center along with eaton in RF would be amazing to watch.

Cincy has probably soured on him over the past few years where he probably is attainable with the right package of players

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
Good thing they didnt plan for this at all in the month he had already been gone.

Ridiculous. This has to be trolling but I'll bite. You present this like the front office said "Ajax is hurt, let's plug in Shuck amd count on 100% recovery from Ajax quickly. No need to try to improve the glaring hole."

They've been trying to get an amazing center fielder long before the Jackson signing and the search hasn't stopped since they signed him. It's ludicrous to think that because of a media report NOW we know the White Sox are looking for a CFer. They've been looking for about 19 years.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Ridiculous. This has to be trolling but I'll bite. You present this like the front office said "Ajax is hurt, let's plug in Shuck amd count on 100% recovery from Ajax quickly. No need to try to improve the glaring hole."

They've been trying to get an amazing center fielder long before the Jackson signing and the search hasn't stopped since they signed him. It's ludicrous to think that because of a media report NOW we know the White Sox are looking for a CFer. They've been looking for about 19 years.

Not to mention that not many teams are looking or willing to sell players in May. It's hard to make a trade for a significant piece that early in the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
if they want to actually make the playoffs this year they can't afford to be cheap at the deadline.

What would you be ok giving up for him?

Edit: and exactly. No half ass usual measures.

Edited by chisoxfan310

QUOTE (chisoxfan310 @ Jul 14, 2016 -> 02:54 PM)
What would you be ok giving up for him?

Edit: and exactly. No half ass usual measures.

Well he's not a good enough performer that you'd unpack Fulmer for him, normally you might think about a guy in the ~5 range in a solid system I'd guess but none of those guys are tradeable for the Sox since they were all just drafted.

Maybe you could put together some package of 2-3 guys that the Rockies like who are lower ranked?