White sox may be reconsidering their stance of being non sellers

Whisox05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
It's not enough, but that's not an awful offer. You add Betts or JBJ and I'd probably take it.

The Red Sox would be insane to offer that package.

The Dodgers might, with Kershaw out indefinitely...and the Rangers can afford to wait on Darvish.

Trade Frazier, Robertson and/or Jones, Cabrera, Lawrie, Shields and Gonzalez if you feel they're the best packages you will receive in the next 12 months.

Listen on Q and Sale. Same with Eaton.

Hold onto Abreu and Rodon.

Simple. Start targeting CFers in trades, as well as 2B or 3B, catchers, DH/LH power hitter.

Play Saladino more at 2b/of.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)
The Red Sox would be insane to offer that package.

The Dodgers might, with Kershaw out indefinitely...and the Rangers can afford to wait on Darvish.

Probably but isn't that the kind of deal you need to trade Sale? If you don't get that kind of immediate reaction you probably didn't get enough

Caulfield has to be in hog heaven with the possibilities of listing every position and prospect in league, let alone the precedent deals with all those names. It's Christmas in July boys!

I was all for trading everybody with value but the more I think of it. Maybe you keep Sale and a position player to being the veteran presence like an Abreu or Eaton. Then trade Q for the haul we need, along with guys like Frazier, melky plus the BP arms.

Trade Frazier, Robertson and/or Jones, Cabrera, Lawrie, Shields and Gonzalez if you feel they're the best packages you will receive in the next 12 months.

Listen on Q and Sale. Same with Eaton.

Hold onto Abreu and Rodon.

Simple. Start targeting CFers in trades, as well as 2B or 3B, catchers, DH/LH power hitter.

Maybe you can survive with Lawrie and Saladino in the infield with Anderson.

QUOTE (JLarucci23 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
I was all for trading everybody with value but the more I think of it. Maybe you keep Sale and a position player to being the veteran presence like an Abreu or Eaton. Then trade Q for the haul we need, along with guys like Frazier, melky plus the BP arms.

Trade everybody who is on the upside of their value. Right now, that's not Abreu. He can be the veteran presence.

QUOTE (JLarucci23 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)

This is where I am.

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:27 PM)
You want to know what would be such a White Sox move? Trade Fulmer for Lucroy, whom is conviently out of the lineup for he Brew Crew tonight.

Hahn said today he won't be making any short term upgrades to the roster.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
Well...he's part of the reason a crap product is out there. His pride and joy Avi Garcia blowing ass is a big part of that reason.

Yep he should be gone also with the players and Ventura

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
Caulfield has to be in hog heaven with the possibilities of listing every position and prospect in league, let alone the precedent deals with all those names. It's Christmas in July boys!

See post 185.

Simple, actually.

Whether Hahn is up to the challenge of winning any of these trades, only God knows.

Edited by caulfield12

All the Rangers trading Gallo for Sale suggestions on Twitter make me sick. I want Profar...not somebody who it's certainly questionable if he can make contact with the ball in the majors or not.

Ideally though...you dont have the top pieces as prospects in either the Q or Sale trade. They should be major league ready players. I bet that's what Boston didnt offer in their package earlier this week.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 06:06 PM)
I want Abreu gone ASAP. I think he's older than he says he is and it's obvious that he's already breaking down physically. The Sox need to trade him before he turns into Avisail Garcia Jr.

This is such a tired accusation of every Cuban player at this point. Every. Single. One.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
This is such a tired accusation of every Cuban player at this point. Every. Single. One.

Was just going to write that. That is so ridiculous. I'm disappointed in Abreu, but the guy has been a class act since he's been here and tried his all on a decent contract. Grow up, it's just baseball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 11:12 PM)
Send Rodon down for a month to throw only changeups and fastballs for 100+ pitches over 4-6 starts...try to find a way for him to start a playoff game for a minor league affiliate, if possible.

Not the worst idea I've heard, but I'm sure he would hate it. If they do a complete tear down, he's someone that should be available also.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
The small item of good news is Hahn just addressed the media and said all the right things. Heard the full interview.

Still not sure they know how to pull it off.....

Really think Sale will stay and Q goes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:14 PM)
Not the worst idea I've heard, but I'm sure he would hate it. If they do a complete tear down, he's someone that should be available also.

Not yet. Wait a couple years until he's more developed and has multiple years of control. And he's a Boras client so basically no chance at team friendly extension.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)
They're waiting on pitching til off-season since free agency is weak.

But so is the SP market now. Saw some execs say it's the worst market they have ever seen at the deadline for SP

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)
They're waiting on pitching til off-season since free agency is weak.

It's weak right now and the market is ripe. I dont know if waiting is going to help that much. Dom in Boston already overpaid for a SP. They could certainly fleece him or another team desperate for the playoffs.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:11 PM)
The small item of good news is Hahn just addressed the media and said all the right things. Heard the full interview.

Still not sure they know how to pull it off.....

He always says the right things. That's never his problem.