Whisox05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some trade thoughts.

Melky Cabrera to the Giants for SP Tyler Beede and SP Adalberto Mejia

Todd Frazier to the Indians for SP Tristan McKenzie, SP Rob Kominsky, and 1B Nellie Rodriguez

Jose Quintana and David Robertson to the Rangers for 1B Joey Gallo, 2B Jurickson Profar, CF Lewis Brinson, and RP Keone Kela

Zach Duke to the O's for SS Ryan Mountcastle

Chris Sale to the Red Sox for C Blake Swihart, OF Andrew Benintendi, 3B Rafael Devers, 2B Yoan Moncada, and SP Michael Kopech

Thoughts?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 08:17 PM)
Some trade thoughts.

Todd Frazier to the Indians for SP Tristan McKenzie, SP Rob Kominsky, and 1B Nellie Rodriguez

Jose Quintana and David Robertson to the Rangers for 1B Joey Gallo, 2B Jurickson Profar, CF Lewis Brinson, and RP Keone Kela

Chris Sale to the Red Sox for C Blake Swihart, OF Andrew Benintendi, 3B Rafael Devers, 2B Yoan Moncada, and SP Michael Kopech

Thoughts?

I'd like to get at least one bad ass super front line young starting pitcher for sale / q

Otherwise, I'd be stoked with all that s*** coming back

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
You are really counting on multiple rookies to make an impact all at the same time. That usually doesn't work out well.

I was just thinking that everytime I see a list like that, we look back in like 3 years and laugh at it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:17 PM)
Some trade thoughts.

Thoughts?

Only thing I'd say is Q or Sale to the Dodgers and try and pry Urias

Don't have the link. I'll look it up.

Phil Rogers now came out with a rebuild article. Some of his deals were horrendous for Quintana. Looking it up now.

Edit: http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/190...quintana-trade/

Really seems like big moves are ahead. Everyone's talking and writing about the rebuild. I think we're finally gona see one. Patience will be key. Can't f***ing rush the process like in 2015. Stay the course, take your lumps and try to build a perennial contender. KW needs to sit back and let Hahn do this rebuild if he's going to keep him. I feel like Hahn has been hamstrung at times.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

Phil Rogers now came out with a rebuild article. Some of his deals were horrendous for Quintana. Looking it up now.

Really seems like big moves are ahead. Everyone's talking and writing about the rebuild. I think we're finally gona see one. Patience will be key. Can't f***ing rush the process like in 2015. Stay the course, take your lumps and try to build a perennial contender. KW needs to sit back and let Hahn do this rebuild if he's going to keep him. I feel like Hahn has been hamstrung at times.

Some of those were absolutely laughable

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 10:46 PM)

One of these days people will quit clicking on things that link to Phil Rogers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Pirates going after Q is my dark horse team. Have some great prospect depth, headed by nice trade chips in Glasnow and Bell.

Pirates supposedly called the Yankees about Eovaldi. Problem with Pirates is they know their future revolves around their kids so making a huge splash where they trade them isn't likely. They want a controllable pitcher but they won't pay up for a stud.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
Some of those were absolutely laughable

Rangers: Quintana, Melky Cabrera, Zach Duke, David Robertson and cash for third baseman Joey Gallo, outfielder Nomar Mazara and left-hander Yohander Mendez.

Bwhahahahhaaha. Uh... No.

Dodgers: Quintana, Cabrera, Robertson and Duke for outfielder Yasiel Puig, right-hander Jose De Leon, second baseman Willie Calhoun and outfielder Alex Verdugo.

You're f***ing kidding me, Phil.

Cubs: Quintana and Robertson for outfielder Jorge Soler, second baseman/outfielder Ian Happ, outfielder Mark Zagunis and third baseman Jeimer Candelario.

Yea, sorry - thank you for playing. Keep trying.

Red Sox: Quintana for Andrew

Then you suggest a one for one swap? A proven front line cheap and controllable player for an unproven minor league guy? Get outta here with that crap!

I can't believe he gets paid to come up with this nonsense.

I'll take another stab at this.

Q to Boston for 2B Moncada, OF Benintendi, C Swihart and 3B Devers. (Bad enough seeing Q on the Red Sox but I'd hate to have to see those assholes get Sale. Plus I'd wana send him to the NL)

Sale, Robertson to LAD for CF Pederson, LHP Urias, RHP De Leon, C Barnes, and RHP Yadier Alvarez.

(Pure stab at this deal. No clue what CWS turned down and want. Now WSD said short of Trout in return lol. So I brought back a potential superstar CF in Joc, potential frontline LHP in Urias who has only scratched the surface, De Leon another potential frontline starter, Barnes a catching prospect which we need badly along with Collins and Alvarez who can hit 98 a power arm prospect).

Frazier to NYM for RHP Marcos Molina, OF Brandon Nimmo, and LHP Max Wotell (I just have this feeling he's going to the Mets. Wright is hurt again and this makes a ton of sense).

Brett Lawrie to MIA for 2B Avery Romero and 1B Josh Naylor (Lawrie's value intrigues me. Hard to find. Spot to a contender. Can play third and is still very young. Flashed some really nice defense at times).

Jose Abreu and Nate Jones to HOU for 1B Reed, RHP Francis Martes, and 2B Tony Kemp

Melky Cabrera, James Shields and Chris Beck to TEX for 3B Joey Gallo (with a G not a C :lol: sorry had to because I saw a my cousin vinny reference the other night) and RHP Ariel Jurado

So that's mine I made the other night on MLB the show. So all in all I think it's pretty good. I'm sure someone will find issues but this is the fun part. Critiquing our ideas. Wasn't sure on some values and returns on guys. That really has to be in the ball park of the Sale trade if it ever happened. Now this season we'd finish awful and be awful for at least another season while guys developed and came up and went through struggles. Hopefully around 2019 we'd start to compete. I really want to be patient and not rush guys during a rebuild. Take lumps and losses and continue to draft high and well which I think we've been doing fairly well.

Then with some luck well competing around 2019 and have a stocked up farm system to add to the talented young roster via trade. Then hoepfeully this is a destination free agents we'll see as a future contender like Cubs have done.

Imagine if guys developed in our rotation and was something like Rodon, Urias, De Leon, Fulmer, and Adams. Then there's other guys like Guerrero, Martes, Molina, Hansen, Stephens, Burdi. Mix and match how you want with this whole group.

Then a lineup of something like this:

SS Anderson

RF Eaton

CF Pederson

1B/DH Collins

2B Moncada

1B/DH Reed

3B Gallo

C Swihart or Barnes

LF Benintendi

Mix and match the lineup how you like. I think Anderson will be a middle of the order bat once he matures. Good pop and lively bat with awesome speed. For now I'll keep him lead off and like Eaton behind him.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
Bwhahahahhaaha. Uh... No.

You're f***ing kidding me, Phil.

Yea, sorry - thank you for playing. Keep trying.

Then you suggest a one for one swap? A proven front line cheap and controllable player for an unproven minor league guy? Get outta here with that crap!

I can't believe he gets paid to come up with this nonsense.

Lol like I said the first and the Boston one. Like he gets paid for this drivel???!

To be completely honest, if we traded Sale and Quintana, there's almost no return that wouldn't still have me much less interested in following the team for the foreseeable future. It would absolutely be a punt to a few years from now hoping that we at least walk away with a couple of guys as good as the ones we lost.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)
To be completely honest, if we traded Sale and Quintana, there's almost no return that wouldn't still have me much less interested in following the team for the foreseeable future. It would absolutely be a punt to a few years from now hoping that we at least walk away with a couple of guys as good as the ones we lost.

That's how you rebuild. It's hard but necessary. You don't have to watch.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:03 AM)

In all honesty, this is interesting right now? Only thing I make sure to watch right now on a consistent basis is Anderson.

On the other side of the coin, say we don't trade Q or Sale but do send the likes of Duke, Robertson, Fraizer, Lawrie, and Melky packing.

Then, yes - until 2019 you've got a tits starting rotation of:

Sale, Q, Rodon, Shields, Fulmer

You've got the following fixtures in place with a barren bullpen as well:

Shortstop, Firstbase, Rightfield.

That means you still have to fill 6 holes.

DH, C, 2B, 3B, CF, LF

Say you concede Collins as a DH. Fine, you're still down to filling 5 holes.

Bottom line - you can't keep that rotation intact and rebuild. Sad but true.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
On the other side of the coin, say we don't trade Q or Sale but do send the likes of Duke, Robertson, Fraizer, Lawrie, and Melky packing.

Then, yes - until 2019 you've got a tits starting rotation of:

Sale, Q, Rodon, Shields, Fulmer

You've got the following fixtures in place with a barren bullpen as well:

Shortstop, Firstbase, Rightfield.

That means you still have to fill 6 holes.

DH, C, 2B, 3B, CF, LF

Say you concede Collins as a DH. Fine, you're still down to filling 5 holes.

Bottom line - you can't keep that rotation intact and rebuild. Sad but true.

Nailed it. It's a problem of holes and timing. If you don't trade Sale, Q, their contracts will end before the parts you bring in from the rest of the fire sale reach the majors.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 11:03 PM)

Agreed but I would be excited to have a positive direction and not the patchwork s*** we've been doing. It's sad we haven't made the playoffs with Sale and Q as our 1-2. I'd at least have fun following young players on the team and watch them grow and mature. Then in the minors I'd be interested in seeing those young guns develop and who doesn't. Not all will. Lot of them won't but hope the important ones do and then there's always some hidden gems. Look at the Avi trade. Hahn was able to move the lesser prospects for Brett Lawrie and Todd Frazier (JB Wendelken and Frankie Montas).

That's what I would be watching for. It'd be rough but at least this team would hopefully grow into some success. There's growing pains for sure. But we've watched this s*** show since 2007 with the exception of 2008 and 3/4 of 2012. We could handle a rebuild.