White sox may be reconsidering their stance of being non sellers

Whisox05

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
He Gone:

Very good post. Congrats to you.

There is no easy solution I'm afraid to the Sox numerous issues. Maybe the simplest one is that they desperately need new ownership to get out of this rut of mediocrity.

A new owner will bring in their own people and hopefully they'll be better at their jobs then the current group (how can they be worse?)

Mark

You would hope that but I could see them keeping the same people to avoid the hiring process. I would hate that. First time owners can be clueless at first.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:20 PM)
Driving up the price for Boston???

One reason I like the idea of trading Sale or Q during the deadline is you can insight a SERIOUS bidding war.

Boston offers X

Say I'll call you back

Call Toronto- say Boston offered X - get them to offer X+Y

Call LA - say Toronto offered X + Y - get them to offer xyz

Call Baltimore and ask them if they can beat xyz. Get them to offer xyzz

Call Boston, tell them you're willing to sell him to three other bidders unless they offer xyzzzz

Let it be known that you're talking to their competition in the divisional races and in the playoffs. Rape and pillage their team.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)
If Q is going to the Dodgers, my prediction is for Urias/Bellinger/Verdugo

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Have to get Urias back IMO.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Any deal with the Dodgers sans Urias is a failure.

Serious question: What would be the point of trading Quintana for Urias? Best case scenario, Urias turns into a pitcher as good as Quintana. Quintana, who already is a pitcher as good as Quintana, is signed reasonably for four more years. Urias, a rookie, has six years' control.

So basically you can have Quintana for four more years, or a guy who might be as good as Quintana for six years. Is that two years of upside, mitigated by the bust risk, really worth it?

Four years is a long time! With the condition that the Sox will be attempting to compete in 2018 or 2019 (which I think they will, even in a rebuild they're not going to punt more than a season or two), I just don't see the point in trading Q for a pitcher at all. If the Sox trade him, it should be for multiple impact bats.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
Serious question: What would be the point of trading Quintana for Urias? Best case scenario, Urias turns into a pitcher as good as Quintana. Quintana, who already is a pitcher as good as Quintana, is signed reasonably for four more years. Urias, a rookie, has six years' control.

So basically you can have Quintana for four more years, or a guy who might be as good as Quintana for six years. Is that two years of upside, mitigated by the bust risk, really worth it?

Four years is a long time! With the condition that the Sox will be attempting to compete in 2018 or 2019 (which I think they will, even in a rebuild they're not going to punt more than a season or two), I just don't see the point in trading Q for a pitcher at all. If the Sox trade him, it should be for multiple impact bats.

You need to get Urias, Pederson, and two more in order to mitagate that risk. You're looking to plug multiple holes with a Sale / Q trade or you don't do it. Period.

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:30 PM)

BC Urias can be as good as Sale and is 19

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)

Because it wouldn't be a 1-for-1 swap and you'd be getting 2-3 other legit pieces back.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
Look at what this idiot Red Sox fan said on one of my other forums.

Sale owns a 2.29 ERA and a WHIP under 1.0 in 39 IP with 10 BB and 45 K's vs the Red Sox. Their fanbase is full of f***ing retards.