White sox may be reconsidering their stance of being non sellers

Whisox05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
This is such a tired accusation of every Cuban player at this point. Every. Single. One.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
Was just going to write that. That is so ridiculous. I'm disappointed in Abreu, but the guy has been a class act since he's been here and tried his all on a decent contract. Grow up, it's just baseball.

I like Abreu as a person. I really do. I like him as a ball player too. But 29 year olds typically don't break down as quickly as he has. That's why I'm skeptical regarding his true age.

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago

Real talk though, I have heard of a few potential trade pieces to be moved from the Sox. Haven't been given the go ahead to name players

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 8m8 minutes ago

and/or teams they may be moved to. I am waiting on the go ahead. I don't want to f*** up anything Hahn may potentially be working towards

this may be tomorrow or a week from now. But Chris Sale will not be moved unless Trout is involved

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 7m7 minutes ago

I do think we'll know a lot more tomorrow by mid-afternoon

Joey Flores

‏@Nephew_Joey

@barstoolWSD would these be considered good trades to you?

whitesoxdave Retweeted Joey Flores

great question, and the answer is yes. Yes they would

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 5m5 minutes ago

DISCLAIMER: I am not guaranteeing a path they choose one way or another right now. Just that new avenues may be considered pre-deadline

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
That's not true, even a little bit. They just said they have 100% ruled out the addition of a rental player at the deadline. Hahn called them a mediocre team. When have the White Sox EVER come out and said that?

Okay...still doesn't rule out additions like CarGo or Bruce....but at least it's a bit more definitive than in the past.

Link? Podcast?

Hahn can't even guarantee a path, how could Barstool? At least he's seemingly enjoying his time in the sun/15 minutes of fame...inundated with so many PMs it's distracting him from accomplishing anything at work.

I can't imagine any tean allowing names to come out before a deal has almost been completed or that leak will be closed up fast.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)
Really think Sale will stay and Q goes.

Same here. Sox keep Sale and Rodon with Fulmer as the future rotation guy. Q can easily net you a very good haul of 2-3 prospects. The rest of the league knows he's good even if the general public do not. Frazier, Cabrera, and Robertson should be moved as well if the deals are there. I would try to keep Eaton and Lawrie unless absolutely blown away. As mediocre as Lawrie can be, he's been the most productive 2B in a Sox uniform since Iguchi.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 06:17 PM)
I'm totally cool with this Barstool dude just shutting up until something is done and about to be announced. We've heard how things get out and messed up deals before.

Nothing he's saying would complicate anything. It's the equivelant of saying "sox open to trading!"

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 9m9 minutes ago

Real talk though, I have heard of a few potential trade pieces to be moved from the Sox. Haven't been given the go ahead to name players

and/or teams they may be moved to. I am waiting on the go ahead. I don't want to f*** up anything Hahn may potentially be working towards

this may be tomorrow or a week from now. But Chris Sale will not be moved unless Trout is involved

I do think we'll know a lot more tomorrow by mid-afternoon

Joey Flores

‏@Nephew_Joey

@barstoolWSD would these be considered good trades to you?

whitesoxdave Retweeted Joey Flores

great question, and the answer is yes. Yes they would

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 5m5 minutes ago

DISCLAIMER: I am not guaranteeing a path they choose one way or another right now. Just that new avenues may be considered pre-deadline

I really think today was a wake up call day and realization that they suck and quick fixed won't work. I expect some major moves from guys on our team shipped out. Like Q, Frazier, Melky, etc.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
Someone posted the Pirates the other day and after trying to write about why it wouldn't work I talked myself into thinking they have the means to get it done.

The problem is on both sides though. Fair payment for one of these guys is their top 3 prospects (taillon, Glasnow, Meadows, plus their catching prospect) and the Pirates aren't going to give up both pitchers plus meadows in the same deal and I don't care who its for...and the White Sox aren't going to move these guys.

That would be me, the "someone posted the Pirates the other day".

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 06:29 PM)
Nothing he's saying would complicate anything. It's the equivelant of saying "sox open to trading!"

For now. He seems to be chomping at the bit to say something tomorrow.

It's going to be a long 11 days.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
For now. He seems to be chomping at the bit to say something tomorrow.

It's going to be a long 11 days.

f*** it. I'm excited. I love my boy Q but I want him to go play for a contender. I want him to kick ass and win a ring. Same goes for Sale. They both deserve it.

Glad WSD is holding back.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
Giants looking for an OFer with Pence a question mark. A reunion with Melky in SF's future?

I think if they do end up selling, Melky is as good as gone. I could see the Astros as a landing spot - They have Springer and Rasmus, but Gomez is atrocious and their young guys aren't stepping up.

Is Colin Moran too much for Melky?