Sign in to follow this  
Rduff12000

Adams to Birmingham

Confirmed. He will make his debut tomorrow night.

For the record, I think this is a rush. I think he's got a lot of development left to do, physically even, and I hope the Sox aren't thinking about him for MLB in 2017 spring.

He's a different pitcher now than he was before too, a lot of people don't know that. Detailed in his profile on FS.

A 20-year-old with a 4 ERA in high-A....doesn't make sense to move him to Birmingham on the surface, but let's see what he does with 8 starts at AA.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
For the record, I think this is a rush. I think he's got a lot of development left to do, physically even, and I hope the Sox aren't thinking about him for MLB in 2017 spring.

He's a different pitcher now than he was before too, a lot of people don't know that. Detailed in his profile on FS.

I was thinking 2018 at the earliest and that was if things went perfectly with his development.

The 3 year window was an invention of Ken Williams based on nothing. Now it seems that they are creating their own reality - rushing players into it.

Sox have been aggressive with promotions this year no doubt. I didn't think Danish was worthy of moving to Charlotte but he has held his own so far. Fulmer and Anderson were also aggressive promotions.

The aggressive pitching promotions make me wonder if they are tied with recent rumors about the Sox potentially moving a SP or two.

Anyway, glad to see Adams get promoted.

Spencer Adams strikeouts by month:

April – 8.0/9IP

May – 6.5/9IP

June – 4.9/9IP

July – 4.5/9IP

That is an odd trend to reward with a promotion

This is a head scratcher for me. Sox are defintely Pushing their prospects too quickly when it seems they need more time to develop and being more consistent start to start. Downward trend with the K's is very troubling.