7/21/16 Tigers @ Sox

Condor13

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
Worst overall player on the Sox, good thing he's playing every day.

You are a real character. J.B. is a 4th outfielder. He's not suppose to play like an everyday player.

Ahochin

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:24 AM)
You are a real character. J.B. is a 4th outfielder. He's not suppose to play like an everyday player.

Ahochin

And again, is a negative 0.7 fWAR on the season. He's a mediocre 4th outfielder that is having to play way too much because Hahn didn't make a move once Jackson suffered that injury. My biggest issue with Shuck is that he doesn't do anything well in the 3 main categories. He's fast, but it doesn't result in an effective base runner.

In terms of outfielders, he's 121 out of 127 in terms of fWAR for anyone with at least 140 at bats. Over the last two years, he's 168 out of 174 for outfielders (Avi is 172).

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:29 PM)
And again, is a negative 0.7 fWAR on the season. He's a mediocre 4th outfielder that is having to play way too much because Hahn didn't make a move once Jackson suffered that injury. My biggest issue with Shuck is that he doesn't do anything well in the 3 main categories. He's fast, but it doesn't result in an effective base runner.

Name someone you would like to replace him.

If you say Avi, I'm blocking you.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:33 PM)
Name someone you would like to replace him.

If you say Avi, I'm blocking you.

Dude, he even said in the post there aren't better options. That is the failing of this Sox team - no depth whatsoever.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:35 AM)
Dude, he even said in the post there aren't better options. That is the failing of this Sox team - no depth whatsoever.

Exactly, over the last month we've had to say a lineup with Shuck, Navarro and Avi in it. How in the hell are you expecting that to be a contending team? So much of this falls back on the horrendous offseason Hahn had.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 07:39 PM)
Look at the stats. They're ugly. Very ugly.

Player 1 - .203 / .257 / .350 [ 53 wRC+ ]

Player 2 - .266 / .323 / .423 [ 94 wRC+ ]

Player 3 - .234 / .309 / .332 [ 73 wRC+ ]

Yea. Ugly but clearly one of those players has no reason to be lumped in with the others or considered as "worse on the team".

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Look at the stats. They're ugly. Very ugly.

Abreu's OPS+ is 103 this season. He is still a good hitter, but unfortunately a shell of his 2014-self. To call him one of the worst players on the team is just dumb.

Sucks losing but this team isn't going anywhere. Hearing Hahn talk made me feel a little better about the direction. Like maybe we actually have one for once. So best not give any false hope to management with a fraudulent winning streak.