Non White Sox Trade Rumors

Chisoxfn

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
Torress, Frazier, Severino, Bird, Sanchez, and Judge for Sale.

I actually deleted my post with this deal, minus Bird, figuring I would get the standard "not enough" reply.

I think even without Bird, this is a killer package of talent. Also, Frazier being a White Sox and tormenting Cleveland would be sweet.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 08:16 AM)
I actually deleted my post with this deal, minus Bird, figuring I would get the standard "not enough" reply.

I think even without Bird, this is a killer package of talent. Also, Frazier being a White Sox and tormenting Cleveland would be sweet.

From the Yankees, I think Frazier, Severino, and Bird are must gets in any Chris Sale deal.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
Miller is better than DRob but the difference isn't as pronounced as ERA says it is. Control and money are similar. Get it done, Rick.

Money is $9 mil more for D Rob but teams do throw money around when the need is there.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:27 AM)
Like living in Milwaukee is so much better lol

Most of the time, these guys with the limited no trade clauses have them in there for financial reasons. They normally have all the big market contenders on their so if they do get traded there they have some leverage in squeezing out more money. This didn't seem the case here. He must really not want any part of Cleveland. I am sure the Tribe could offer him an extension that would make him think summers in Cleveland are the nicest summers .

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
Most of the time, these guys with the limited no trade clauses have them in there for financial reasons. They normally have all the big market contenders on their so if they do get traded there they have some leverage in squeezing out more money. This didn't seem the case here. He must really not want any part of Cleveland. I am sure the Tribe could offer him an extension that would make him think summers in Cleveland are the nicest summers .

Looks like he used to block a trade unless Cleveland would void his option for next season making him a free agent. Don't know if we're on the list or not, but even if we wanted him, he'd do the same here.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
Looks like he used to block a trade unless Cleveland would void his option for next season making him a free agent. Don't know if we're on the list or not, but even if we wanted him, he'd do the same here.

That makes a lot of sense. His option only gets him like $5. He is worth 10 times that on the open market, at least.