Red Sox Reportedly Interested in Robertson

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
This needs to be in seperate threads. What do we realistically think the return could potentially be and any other thoughts on teams in contention who might be in the market for a closer?

Probably below what the Red Sox and Astros gave up for Giles and Kimbrel but you never know.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:41 PM)
Probably below what the Red Sox and Astros gave up for Giles and Kimbrel but you never know.

I'd be surprised if the offers are HALF what Kimbrel and Giles went for. Market is flooded with relief options at all levels, and Robertson makes what he's worth on the open market.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:16 PM)
I'd be surprised if the offers are HALF what Kimbrel and Giles went for. Market is flooded with relief options at all levels, and Robertson makes what he's worth on the open market.

I'll take 1/2 of the Giles return for Robertson

I didn't realize swihart was on the 60 day dl. Not sure he is tradable as is.

Trey Ball has been really bad and probably doesn't have an MLB future.

I see now you meant as one of the A-ball guys. That would work. He is a huge lottery ticket.

Edited by daggins

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
Sox liked Trey Ball before he got drafted

I thought Ball was a lot better as a position player than as a pitcher coming out, he had a really nice swing and at 6'6 an ideal frame.

I really see the White Sox and Red Sox lining up for a massive trade...

1.) Boston is currently half a game back in the east behind Baltimore - they want to do whatever it takes to avoid the 1 game playoff and just get right into the first round.

2.) They have the talent in the minors to make a big splash and we match their needs... A gap to get Kimbrel healthy and a guy who can slot in after he returns.

3.) They need another front line starting pitcher if they're going to stack their odds of pulling away in the division race.

4.) Dave Dombrowski

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
The Red Sox and White Sox are a perfect match for a trade. I can see something happening between the two clubs. I wonder what a Robertson/Quintana package would bring back?

3 of the top 35 prospects in all of baseball and two more low minor tickets - that'd be my guess.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
3 of the top 35 prospects in all of baseball and two more low minor tickets - that'd be my guess.

1) Moncada 2B

2) Devers 3B

3) Benintendi CF

4) Lakins RHP

5) Light RHP

I'll take it! Knowing Dombrowski, so will he.

Robertson should absolutely net you something fairly good. Outside of the 2 blowups (where he was on long rest and rusty) dude has a 1.71 ERA in 36 and 2/3.

He obviously isn't getting you Moncada/Devers/Benintendi, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets you one of the next few guys on their top prospects.

D-Rob is a perfect fit in Boston. He's from and dominated the AL East while BOS needs a temporary closer who can slot as a set up (where frankly Robertson is better as). Boston has the money to comfortably pay him too and deep farm system to get him too. I'd honestly take Kopech, a guy who I was big on out of the his draft class, (who has a Sale-like temper with a Chapman-like fastball) alone for Robertson but I'd try to milk out one of Sam Travis/Brian Johnson and one of Pat Light/Trey Ball for him as well.

At best I think Sox can get RHP Michael Kopech, 1B Sam Travis (who I'd like to see in LF for Sox), and RHP Pat Light (a nice 'pen piece with D-Rob and Duke likely shopped with Webb, Putnam, and Petricka all recovering from surgery) for D-Rob