Red Sox Reportedly Interested in Robertson

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 09:11 PM)
Red Sox on various other forums think he'll be a salary dump only lol

Sox aren't moving Robertson if they don't get real prospect value in return. They aren't going to trade him w Q or anyone else if it lowers their value (it won't). Outside of a few outings tanks year, Robertson has been great.

Was going to come in and say that I realize he's had a couple rocky moments lately, but I really hope the FO doesn't just dump him to dump him. He still has a ton of value if they plan to fill some offensive holes next year and make another run at it.

They might have to pick up some salary to move some of these players....which is another fly in the ointment: will JR allow that?

Robertson gets 1/2 of what Chapman will bring.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
They might have to pick up some salary to move some of these players....which is another fly in the ointment: will JR allow that?

Robertson gets 1/2 of what Chapman will bring.

They've done it recently so I would assume that yes, if the prospect bump is good enough they'll send cash.

I'd presume the hold up with Robertson is some suitors want him in a package deal, so we are holding out hope on bigger deal, while potentially having other deal on the table. Would presume we'd see Robertson get moved within next half hour (as you can't run risk much past that and then you just turn the attention to other things). Problem with more guys available, means more tasks being jumbled, and higher risk of things not getting done in time.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:35 PM)
Waiver Trades ESPN Insider....No earth shattering revelations here, jist of it, Olney thinks Robertson could be traded in August to a contender with Sox potentially eating some of the remaining $.

I don't see him clearing waivers. A team like the Yankees and Red Sox would definitely claim in hopes of Sox letting him go. In otherwords, Robertson isn't being moved until the offseason (if at all).

Someone like Shields perhaps.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't see him clearing waivers. A team like the Yankees and Red Sox would definitely claim in hopes of Sox letting him go. In otherwords, Robertson isn't being moved until the offseason (if at all).

Exactly. There is virtually no chance of Robertson clearing waivers. The dude has a pretty fair contract today, everything considered.

I suppose someone may claim him and the Sox could work out a deal, but they're not just gonna give him away, and I doubt they'd eat $ to trade him, unless something special is coming back.