Dodgers kicking Tires on Q

Chisoxfn

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 06:44 PM)
Nah, but I think I would be happy with that return. #2, #25, #83 prospects in baseball.

It's a nice return but I would have to push for Benintendi over Devers. Nothing against Devers of course. :)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
It's a nice return but I would have to push for Benintendi over Devers. Nothing against Devers of course. :)

I'm just trying to think if the White Sox were asking Moncada + Benintendi on Quintana, the Red Sox would probably say they would only give that up for Sale. So Devers might be an easier sell.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm just trying to think if the White Sox were asking Moncada + Benintendi on Quintana, the Red Sox would probably say they would only give that up for Sale. So Devers might be an easier sell.

All three are pretty interchangeable from what I recall. Some rate Devers higher than Moncada - for example.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:56 PM)
All three are pretty interchangeable from what I recall. Some rate Devers higher than Moncada - for example.

Eh....I highly doubt that.

MLB.com has Moncada as #2, Devers as #25 in their midseason update. (Benintendi is #7)

BA has Moncada as #1, Devers as #41 in their midseason update. (Benintendi is #9)

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 05:59 PM)
Eh....I highly doubt that.

MLB.com has Moncada as #2, Devers as #25 in their midseason update. (Benintendi is #7)

BA has Moncada as #1, Devers as #41 in their midseason update. (Benintendi is #9)

Doubt be gone.

Keith Law's top-100 prospect list is here, and the Red Sox are over-represented at the top. It doesn't start with the name you might expect. In fact, it's Rafael Devers who takes top billing for Boston, all the way up at number seven.

http://www.overthemonster.com/2016/2/11/10...ankings-red-sox

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)

You don't find 2 rankings done in the past couple weeks more accurate than a ranking done 5 months ago?

Even in Law's midseason update, he re-ranks Moncada above Devers, although very close and still WAYY higher on Devers than anyone else (He actually ranks Benintendi their #1, then Moncada, then Devers)

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 07:01 PM)
You don't find 2 rankings done in the past couple weeks more accurate than a ranking done 5 months ago?

Even in Law's midseason update, he re-ranks Moncada above Devers, although very close and still WAYY higher on Devers than anyone else (He actually ranks Benintendi their #1, then Moncada, then Devers)

1.) I don't have insider access

2.) all I said was that their not universally accepted in order and are somewhat interchangeable

3.) your update regarding Beni ranking number 1 acctually supports what I attempted to articulate. Thanks for the update, I was curious as to his most recent rankings.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 30, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)
I'm assuming this is the Q trade thread...

Just got the ESPN alert on my phone saying the Sox and Rangers are discussing a trade. Hmm...wonder why that would trigger an alert when I haven't gotten any other rumors yet.

That's weird. Probably from earlier when there was something about the Rangers asking about Q

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
Was told the same as @Ken_Rosenthal: No trade happening with Cody Bellinger and Alex Verdugo, two Dodgers prospects out of their AA lineup.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/759804716826128385

See, Kenny and Rick aren't the only ones who lie to the media. Otherwise a lot of top prospects keep getting off days at funny times.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 49s50 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

dodgers talking about archer and/or moore from TB, as @jaysonst @Ken_Rosenthal said. not much Sale talk around LAD lately

Interesting in that these guys seem to be getting attention based on stuff and perhaps a short history...neither have been particularly good as of late.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 49s50 seconds ago Manhattan, NY

dodgers talking about archer and/or moore from TB, as @jaysonst @Ken_Rosenthal said. not much Sale talk around LAD lately

Hahn needs to pick up that phone again. If they're willing to trade for Archer or Moore (who won't exactly come cheap) they should be willing to pay for a more reliable starter