White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

That said, would take a massive offer and even then as Dave Hayes reported, he puts the odds at .01% that the Sox move him. Previous reports from a day ago indicating Sox turned down an absolute haul, but as Sox fans, we know an absurd haul is the starting point (not an absolute haul). ;)

Dodgers and Rangers reportedly two teams that have showed interest, however, we could presume that given Dombrowski's ability to land big names, there has to be the possibility that the Red Sox would be discussing Sale as well.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:44 PM)
According to T.R. Sullivan of mlb.com, the Rangers are "making a serious effort" to land Sale.

The Sox are going to have a number of options if they're serious about moving Sale and going in a new direction.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
I have no interest in Texas' package. Give me Boston's or Houston's offer instead.

I would much prefer what Texas could offer to Houston. A deal around Profar, Tate, and Mazara would trump whatever Houston would offer.

Use Texas to drive up the price for Boston of LA IMO. I'd trade Frazier for Gallo but not Sale or Quintana.

For Sale, it starts with Odor. Odor, Mazara and we have something to talk about.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
Saw Evan Grant tweet a few days ago that Profar really wants to be a SS next year. Don't think that would happen here. Lots of reasons I'm not a fan of the Rangers two main guys.

I don't like how many years of control he has left and his agent.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
@aycockonxion According to a source, the White Sox have told the Astros that Sale is only available if they include Correa.

LOL yup

That's where they should start. They have no reason to move him right now so you are going to need to "wow" them.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)
That's where they should start. They have no reason to move him right now so you are going to need to "wow" them.

The Aston have Bregman but still they're not trading Correa. I mean if they said ok lol this deal would progress further.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
That's the type of return they need to get. That's why he's not going anywhere.

I agree.

I am very much against moving him unless a player such as Correra comes back in return. That contract is insanely valuable and should drive the asking price up IMO.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 07:09 PM)
I agree.

I am very much against moving him unless a player such as Correra comes back in return. That contract is insanely valuable and should drive the asking price up IMO.

Yeah. I don't think a team will subtract from it's MLB core during the post season race however. More of a move in the off-season when you can try to plug the hole with a free agent or another trade.

Edited by soxfan2014

Asking for Correa says that Hahn/Williams are either a) not serious or b) still wed to this nutty notion of a "3 year window" and that they can actually contend this year.

Astros are contenders. They will not trade their stud SS in July. Nor should they.

And that's not who Hahn should be looking for anyway. You can get a buyer's surplus this year by grabbing elite prospects, not with established major leaguers. Ask for Bregman +...that's where the surplus lies. yes, they are prospects; but the Sox are looking to close multiple holes and build a weak organization.

Edited by GreenSox