White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
It will be interesting to see if dombrowski folds.

If they aren't giving up anyone off the major league roster I wouldn't even pick up the phone until Moncada/Benintendi/Devers are agreed on, then let the Sox pick 2-3 others to throw in. They are just overvaluing their prospects due to recent major league success of a number of them. Trading those guys doesn't even hurt them that much with all the young talent they already have in the majors.

Edited by soxforlife05

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:59 AM)
If they aren't giving up anyone off the major league roster I wouldn't even pick up the phone until Moncada/Benintendi/Devers are agreed on, then let the Sox pick 2-3 others to throw in. They are just overvaluing their prospects due to recent major league success of a number of them. Trading those guys doesn't even hurt them that much with all the young talent they already have in the majors.

And that is why we should not trust Hahn/KW to be in charge of this rebuild. Can you imagine if the White Sox organization knew how to scout and develop talent properly and they were the team that had 'all the young talent' to go along with Sale and Q? Even if they did a half way decent job overt the past 8 years, we would not be talking about trading two of the best pitchers in the baseball. There is a reason they coined the term 'retool' over the last 10 seasons. It is because they cannot develop for the life of them and they rely on acquirering veterans to fill in the plethora of holes on the MLB roster. How do they do that? By overpaying in the free agent market OR depleting the already thin farm system. Yeah.. We should not trust Hahn or KW with a rebuild. They put us in this tough spot, let a new leader do it the right way. This season has been pretty embarrassing-- from the lack of clubhouse leadership by Robin to the Sale vs Management debacles to just pure bad baseball. It is exhausting being a Sox fan these days.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
After seeing the possible Chapman deal, there's no reason Sale + Robertson shouldn't net a monstrous package from Dombrowski of all people.

I really hope this post does mean that Reisndorf put his foot down and wont let Rick sell at the deadline.. Scares me..

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

Up yours Reinsdorf!

1 retweet 21 likes

Reply Retweet 1

Like 21

More

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
I really hope this post does mean that Reisndorf put his foot down and wont let Rick sell at the deadline.. Scares me..

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

Up yours Reinsdorf!

1 retweet 21 likes

Reply Retweet 1

Like 21

More

Hmmm pretty vague but you may be correct.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:28 AM)
The price that pitchers are going for right now suggests the Sox should be able to completely stock their system in a Sale trade.

It's such that Betts, Moancada, Benintendi and Swihart for Sale/Robertson no longer seems crazy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
The price that pitchers are going for right now suggests the Sox should be able to completely stock their system in a Sale trade.

No, it will be "Oh well we paid more for .5 year of a closer because it helps our flexibility. Getting 5 years of a cheap #1 starter is too expensive!"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:52 AM)
After seeing the possible Chapman deal, there's no reason Sale + Robertson shouldn't net a monstrous package from Dombrowski of all people.

If that's the package for a .5 year of Chapman, it makes me skeptical that we can get full value for 3.5 years of Sale.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
It's such that Betts, Moancada, Benintendi and Swihart for Sale/Robertson no longer seems crazy.

I'd make that trade but I don't know that Boston would (at least in-season).

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
If that's the package for a .5 year of Chapman, it makes me skeptical that we can get full value for 3.5 years of Sale.

It would take at least 5 top prospects, and two of those would have to be no doubter MLB impact players.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
That reminds me of tweets from college recruits that are like "can't decide what I want" and people are like OH NO HES DECOMMITTING and he's talking about a drive thru.

Except for the fact that this tweet actually mentions the owner of the team's name.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)

Replace Betts with Devers and Kopech and I think it's more realistic. I just don't see many contenders subtracting main pieces like Betts (unless they dealt Betts and kept Benintendi to replace Betts with).

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Replace Betts with Devers and Kopech and I think it's more realistic. I just don't see many contenders subtracting main pieces like Betts (unless they dealt Betts and kept Benintendi to replace Betts with).

We saw Beane do it with Lester-Cespedes. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

We can give them...J.B. Shuck.

Beane....

They will never in a million years give up Betts, Bradley, Jr., or Bogaerts in season.

Perhaps they'll throw in Castillo and eat the majority of his salary...or Sandoval...leaving the Sox free to trade Frazier as well.

Doubt they'd have much interest in Sandoval, though.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
We saw Beane do it with Lester-Cespedes. Sometimes desperate times call for desperate measures.

We can give them...J.B. Shuck.

Then they won't be getting Chris Sale.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)
They'll get Quintana and Robertson in a deal. Do they need Frazier as well? I can't remember how 3B is for them? Blockbuster involving Q, DRob, Frazier for Moncada+

Moncada ++++++++