White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
I stand completely corrected and you have my apologies.

Granted, I still don't think the Red Sox can ever convince Hahn to take Castillo or Pablo.

If they are willing to send them here in a Josh Hamilton type deal, sure. If it means us taking less of a return on another deal, no way in hell.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
You are the ultimate downer on this board and I think it's pretty clear at this point you don't like the White Sox.

I understand not liking the Sox organization, but your constant underrating of Sox players and love fest towards other teams or players is laughable at best and old schtick at worst.

Chris Sale is a HoF pitcher. The Sox aren't taking Pablo f***ing Sandoval back in a deal.

I don't like Hahn for personal reasons that go all the way back to how he treated people at Harvard Law...but mostly because he has done a pretty lousy job.

I don't think Ventura is the best manager for the future of this organization.

I have never underrated Sale or Q.

The Q package would include Robertson and return Moncada, Benitendi, Kopech, Eduardo Rodriguez and Rusney Castillo with huge cash susidy for remaining dollars on that deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
If they are willing to send them here in a Josh Hamilton type deal, sure. If it means us taking less of a return on another deal, no way in hell.

That's the move they trade Frazier and get Sandoval for practically nothing and can theoretically compete next year with Jones, Burdi, Kopech and Fulmer.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
I don't like Hahn for personal reasons that go all the way back to how he treated people at Harvard Law...but mostly because he has done a pretty lousy job.

The Q package would include Robertson and return Moncada, Benitendi, Kopech, Eduardo Rodriguez and Rusney Castillo with huge cash susidy for remaining dollars on that deal.

What?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)

Again, my apologies.

But also, WTF. Your life is fascinating.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)

There is absolutely no way that Quintana and Robertson bring that package.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
There is absolutely no way that Quintana and Robertson bring that package.

Then they don't get Quintana (ignoring the Castillo part - doubt the Sox have any interest, even if they're only picking up a few million).

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
I really hope this post does mean that Reisndorf put his foot down and wont let Rick sell at the deadline.. Scares me..

whitesoxdave ‏@barstoolWSD 1h1 hour ago Chicago, IL

Up yours Reinsdorf!

1 retweet 21 likes

Reply Retweet 1

Like 21

More

We ever figure out what this means?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
We ever figure out what this means?

i asked him on twitter if it means that Jerry said no to selling off guys at the deadline (as did a couple other guys) and he did not respond to any of us with what it meant

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
i asked him on twitter if it means that Jerry said no to selling off guys at the deadline (as did a couple other guys) and he did not respond to any of us with what it meant

The dude appears to be a drunk so you never know what is jibberish from some of the stuff that he tweets or if he is sober enough to have a real thought. Even he has questioned how things are run in the organization that solid intel can get back to an asshole like him. And those are his words.

Yankees take the entire haul received from Cubs for Chapman, add #2 overall catching prospect Gary Sanchez AND Pineda (Coop will fix him!) for Sale. Sox immediately solve long term catching issue with Sanchez and most recent #1 Collins, get stronger up the middle in time with McKinney and Rashard Crawford, acquire stud middle infielder Torres (who I would convert into a 2B) and have both Warren and Pineda to bolster starting pitching staff.

Edited by bruni

QUOTE (bruni @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Yankees take the entire haul received from Cubs for Chapman, add #2 overall catching prospect Gary Sanchez AND Pineda (Coop will fix him!) for Sale. Sox immediately solve long term catching issue with Sanchez and most recent #1 Collins, get stronger up the middle in time with McKinney and Rashard Crawford, acquire stud middle infielder Torres (who I would convert into a 2B) and have both Warren and Pineda to bolster starting pitching staff.

No way.

Gross. Add Severino and Judge, in addition to all those guys, and I still don't know if I like it.

Not a fan of this. Again, if you're dealing Sale, the "Star(s)" or "Headliners" need to be MLB ready or there now. Torres is a Single A player right now. Too much of a gamble how his development will go. Most of us don't expect the Sox to be able to help.

The Yankees entering the picture is not a bad thing. If they can move Miller for some similar prospects to what Chapman got, I would listen to what they have to say but they need to pay more than anyone else if their package is headlined with guys 3-4 years away. Such an obscene package, in my opinion, is the only way you back off the mlb ready talent.

I also think this brings up a good point, why are the Sox, if they are, limiting themselves to contenders for Sale/Q? Because of their unique contract situations, this should be something they're shopping everywhere.

This may be a pipe dream, but for a team who wants to accomplish this rebuild as quickly as possible. Can you pry away an Arenado? Does it cost you Sale or does it cost you more/less? If I'm Colorado, knowing my hitting is rarely the issue and farm has more guys - why wouldn't I risk it to finally get a proven arm that has essentially been non-existent in that organization? You know odds are slim someone signs there, so this may be their best crack at it. I just wonder why we are so focused on the playoff teams as if they're the only ones willing to pay a premium. If MLB talent is part of the request for Sale, the non-contenders may be more likely to deal.

Edited by HeGone7

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 04:02 PM)
I also think this brings up a good point, why are the Sox, if they are, limiting themselves to contenders for Sale/Q? Because of their unique contract situations, this should be something they're shopping everywhere.

If any non-contender picked up the phone, they'd certainly listen like they would with anyone else. All depends on what they're offering.

Pass.

I wish some NL teams would get into the game here...but it doesn't appear that they will.

Houston and Boston look like the possibilities. Those 2 teams have the GMs most willing to pay a haul (edge there to Boston, but Houston has certainly paid high prices for players recently). And they have position prospects. Prefer a position headliner to pitcher because, in the end, what do we want out of the pitching...another Sale or Q? Well, we have that bird in the hand.

And I'd rather Sale/Q pitch for Houston...it will be a touch nauseating seeing either with Boston.

Arenado has 3 years left after this year; same as Sale. You have to get some quantity if you're dealing Sale...ML ready prospects and some lower guys. Plus, the Frazier-Arenado upgrade is much less than the Sale-AAAA pitcher downgrade will be.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Pass.

I wish some NL teams would get into the game here...but it doesn't appear that they will.

Houston and Boston look like the possibilities. Those 2 teams have the GMs most willing to pay a haul (edge there to Boston, but Houston has certainly paid high prices for players recently). And they have position prospects. Prefer a position headliner to pitcher because, in the end, what do we want out of the pitching...another Sale or Q? Well, we have that bird in the hand.

And I'd rather Sale/Q pitch for Houston...it will be a touch nauseating seeing either with Boston.

LAD are the only LA team besides PIT that may get involved that I know of.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
If we are that terrified of really talented single-A ball players we really should have a different front office.

I don't disagree with you.

Just my personal opinion on Sale/Q is you need to be headlined by a guy who is on the roster immediately. When names like Moncada, Betts, Bregman, etc are thrown around - those are vastly different than a 19 year old in A ball. Too many guys have flamed out as they advance and since people are petrified at this idea of getting "prospects" - you're playing right into their hands when you go after guys 3-4 years away. Even more with pitchers.

So I just think you need to have guys who are advanced, proven and ready to contribute on those two guys. If you want to move anyone else for a Torres - I'm 100% ok with it.

Edited by HeGone7

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 03:13 PM)
Pass.

Arenado has 3 years left after this year; same as Sale. You have to get some quantity if you're dealing Sale...ML ready prospects and some lower guys. Plus, the Frazier-Arenado upgrade is much less than the Sale-AAAA pitcher downgrade will be.

Depends what you get back for Frazier....Arenado and Fulmer/prospect hopefully provides more upside, but you never know.

Just that you absolutely can't win with this tepid offense on a consistent basis.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Again, my apologies.

But also, WTF. Your life is fascinating.

One of my best friends graduated from NU and Harvard Law, same class.

Her two least favorite people from her entire time there, Hahn and Ted Cruz. Not going to go into specific stories, but she's always been a great judge of character. Impeccable would be the best adjective.

Edited by caulfield12

Because I have too much time on my hands at work i was looking at Boston's roster heavily and trying to come up with a package not centered around Moncada for Sale that would be realistic for both sides. Would anybody actually do the following deal? That was the best deal I could come up with that I think Boston would realistically do.

Travis Shaw

Eduardo Rodriguez

Rafael Devers

Andrew Benintendi

Michael Kopech

Michael Chavis