White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to think that the Dodgers may be a better match than Boston for Sale. that said I don't think a trade happens until the off season.

Dodgers

Joc Pederson

Julio Urias

Jose De Leon

Alex Verdugo

Austin Barnes

I doubt that the Dodgers trade Pederson now since he just got back from the DL and they need him for the pennant push .

Boston

Yoan Moncada

Andrew Benintendi

Michael Kopech

Mauricio Dubon

Luis Alexander Basabe

Jason Groome

We have to wait until the season ends to trade for this year's draft choices .I asked for 6 players because I did not include Rafael Devers and none of the players have Mlb experience.

QUOTE (2Dbill @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:53 PM)
I tend to think that the Dodgers may be a better match than Boston for Sale. that said I don't think a trade happens until the off season.

Dodgers

Joc Pederson

Julio Urias

Jose De Leon

Alex Verdugo

Austin Barnes

I doubt that the Dodgers trade Pederson now since he just got back from the DL and they need him for the pennant push .

Boston

Yoan Moncada

Andrew Benintendi

Michael Kopech

Mauricio Dubon

Luis Alexander Basabe

Jason Groome

We have to wait until the season ends to trade for this year's draft choices .I asked for 6 players because I did not include Rafael Devers and none of the players have Mlb experience.

I'm taking the Boston package. If there is one thing to learn from our Northside friends it's that you load up on hitting. They've filled their rotation with FA for the most part, and had Arrieta not turned into the best pitcher on the planet for almost 2 years now, their rotation would likely include another Ace they acquired via FA/trade.

I'm not saying Urias and/or De Leon won't be good, great, or better than the hitters from Boston. Just that I think your mindset needs to be to fill the farm with as many bats as you can. We've had success finding starters. You need less of them. There is plenty available annually in FA. Get 2 deep with hitting down there and see what pans out.

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
I'm taking the Boston package. If there is one thing to learn from our Northside friends it's that you load up on hitting. They've filled their rotation with FA for the most part, and had Arrieta not turned into the best pitcher on the planet for almost 2 years now, their rotation would likely include another Ace they acquired via FA/trade.

I'm not saying Urias and/or De Leon won't be good, great, or better than the hitters from Boston. Just that I think your mindset needs to be to fill the farm with as many bats as you can. We've had success finding starters. You need less of them. There is plenty available annually in FA. Get 2 deep with hitting down there and see what pans out.

The Boston package isn't possible until the off seaosn.

QUOTE (HeGone7 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)

I would disagree. They need to get one stud pitcher in the deal for Sale. I would not like the plan of spending 300 million on two pitchers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
To be quite honest if we got Moncada, Benitendi and Kopech, I'm fine. Get some interesting young players to round it out.

With these guys, we can afford to be greedy!!!!

Here's my just got home bored Three Way Deal:

Red Sox get:

Chris Sale, David Robertson, Yasiel Puig

Dodgers get:

Jose Quintana, Melky Cabrera, Nate Jones

White Sox get:

From Boston

Jackie Bradley Jr.

Moncada

Devers

Kopech

Swihart

From Dodgers

Urias

De Leon

Bellinger

Alvarez

Dodgers missed on Hamels and Sale but land Quintana, Cabrera to replace Puig (whom they may trade) and bolster their pen with Jones who is on a team friendly contract. Cabrera, with one more year on his deal, is an upgrade over Puig for the Dodgers because of his consistent offense.

Red Sox get their man in Chris Sale and the extra closer they were eyeing in Robertson plus Puig to replace Bradley Jr. They move Betts back to CF where he played last season. They lose some going from JBJ to Puig (Puig still has a ton of potential and change of scenery may help) but most importantly it helps DD land the ace he's wanted since the Sox started listening to offers for Sale. Like always DD gets his man.

White Sox and Hahn get their 5 big time player package they wanted for Sale and get a great return on Quintana to completely overhaul the lineup and farm system. Hahn couldn't pry Betts but got a fine All Star CF who is controllable til 2020 in Jackie Bradley Jr. Also receives 4 top prospects from the Red Sox that bolster a farm system lacking top end talent.

For Quintana and Jones to LA he lands future top of the rotation arm in Julio Urias along with 4 prospects out of LA's system to further aid in the reshaping of the Sox farm system and set them up nicely in the future.

Was just doing this for fun and wanted to see how I could make a sensible three way deal considering the sox love those. Look forward to being ripped for this LOL.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
A for creativity

Lol I was bored and tried. I was like how can I create a crazy three way deal between Boston, LA and ChiSox. Tried to move parts around and explain why I did what I did. If anyone takes that serious and gets pissed then that's on them. Pure entertainment on my part.

No chance we'd get both Moncada and Benintendi, but either is perfectly reasonable as a centerpiece if the other pieces are strong. Benintendi is going to be an absolute monster. The contact rate is good, the plate discipline is good, and I've seen the power with my own eyes -- he played our team the year he was drafted, and hit two homers, one of which is the only ball I've ever seen clear the fence, the road, and land in the water outside the Staten Island Ferry. The pop is legit.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 04:44 PM)
No chance we'd get both Moncada and Benintendi, but either is perfectly reasonable as a centerpiece if the other pieces are strong. Benintendi is going to be an absolute monster. The contact rate is good, the plate discipline is good, and I've seen the power with my own eyes -- he played our team the year he was drafted, and hit two homers, one of which is the only ball I've ever seen clear the fence, the road, and land in the water outside the Staten Island Ferry. The pop is legit.

After the Pomeranz and Chapman deals, Sale probably has the most trade value of any player in MLB history at this exact moment.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
Lol I was bored and tried. I was like how can I create a crazy three way deal between Boston, LA and ChiSox. Tried to move parts around and explain why I did what I did. If anyone takes that serious and gets pissed then that's on them. Pure entertainment on my part.

I like it. Still think we need Benintendi, as well as Moncada, in any deal with the BoSox. Bradley Jr. doesn't excite me that much, honestly.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)

For Sale? If Chapman & Pomerez are worth top 20 prospects (plus some for Chapman), you're telling me Sale isn't worth two top 10 prospects? I'm definitely not dealing Sale to the Red Sox without both Moncada & Benintendi in the deal. Anything less is a huge undersell IMO.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
I like it. Still think we need Benintendi, as well as Moncada, in any deal with the BoSox. Bradley Jr. doesn't excite me that much, honestly.

But what Bradley gives us is a legit CF. It's a trade off for not getting Benintendi because I don't think we'd get all 3 of JBJ, Moncada and Benny.

Just wanted to throw something well thought out out there for y'all.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
For Sale? If Chapman & Pomerez are worth top 20 prospects (plus some for Chapman), you're telling me Sale isn't worth two top 10 prospects? I'm definitely not dealing Sale to the Red Sox without both Moncada & Benintendi in the deal. Anything less is a huge undersell IMO.

I think that it is a common fallacy among fans to assume the extent that previous trades for given player archetypes "set the market" in the MLB. This is due to two factors: (1) the buyer is who determines the maximum price paid, since the deal isn't made if the seller's demands aren't met, and (2) every time a deal is made, it removes a team from the running in future deals, and the team that just got removed just so happened to be the one that was willing to pay the highest price for the similar player.