White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)
That is why I would never want to trade with Boston. I think they always felt they could get Sale for second tier minor league talent. Why? I have no idea.

I said that earlier, that's why the LA deal was more exploring.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
Well here's some more. Count the Red Sox out. If that's still there stance they arent going to get anyone. Here we'll take one of the best pitchers in the majors...but you guys cant have any of our best players in the lineup or minors. What a great deal!

"but the Red Sox have let other teams know they will not discuss four players: Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Kopech and Rafael Devers."

http://www.gammonsdaily.com/peter-gammons-...otes-from-july/

That's fine. I'm sure Hahn would take Boegarts, Betts, and Bradley in their place.

Lol f*** them then. You're not getting Sale or Quintana for a bunch of low level A players who are a few years away. I'm not keen on DD trades for the opposing teams. He wins usually. I'd be ok if they were giving Moncada, Benny, Devers, etc.

The guy just gave up Anderson Espinosa for Drew Pomeranz. He definitely knows it will take those guys to get close to a reasonable package. All this really tells me is that there is almost definitely some dialogue going on between the teams and he is posturing trying to bring down the price. Problem is, he really has no leverage.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
Lol f*** them then. You're not getting Sale or Quintana for a bunch of low level A players who are a few years away. I'm not keen on DD trades for the opposing teams. He wins usually. I'd be ok if they were giving Moncada, Benny, Devers, etc.

I just think DD is active and he makes the right reads. He was able to take advantage of 11-14 when ML talent was being undervalued. But, he eventually was cash strapped and had a barren system.

I don't think that Price trade was that unfair, it was similar to others where only 1 year is left.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:30 PM)
It probably really is just posturing.

Could be.

Hahn's response should, "OK, Dave I'm going to talk to Texas and LA about making their teams better. Have fun facing them in the post season."

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
Just like KW saying whatever BS he said yesterday.

Yeah, i really think this year they are serious about selling some prime players, for the right price.

I think the ship has sailed on a Sale trade if he makes it to his start tomorrow. The Sox mini-streak has no doubt lessened the FO's resolve to be sellers as they get distracted very easily. Its going to be very difficult for any GM to justify what he would have to give up to get Sale making it an incredibly tough move from a PR perspective. A Sale trade has been compared to the Herschel Walker trade, and no one wants to be on the wrong side of that deal. Feels like a lot of the momentum has slowed, though it feels like that all across the market for SP's.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Bowden

Red Sox - Sale for Moncada, Kopech, Swihart and Rodriguez.

Rangers - Sale for Mazara, Profar or Gallo, Tate and Ortiz

Nationals - Sale for Joe Ross, Trea Turner, Fedde or Lopez, and Glover

Cubs - Sale for Schwarber, Hendricks, Happ and Candelario

Dodgers - Sale for Urias, De Leon and Puig

ME

Red Sox - Sale for Moncada, Benitedi, Swihart, Owens and Rodriguez.

Rangers - Sale for Mazara, Profar, Gallo, Tate and Ortiz

Nationals - Sale for Joe Ross, Trea Turner, Fedde, Lopez, and Glover

Cubs - Sale for Schwarber, Baez, Hendricks, Happ and Candelario

Dodgers - Sale for Urias, De Leon, Verdugo, Montas and Puig

I like the rangers as a partner for Chris Sale if we trade him. I really like the Mazara kid. But instead of tate I would take Matualla

QUOTE (mataipaepae @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 04:09 PM)
I like the rangers as a partner for Chris Sale if we trade him. I really like the Mazara kid. But instead of tate I would take Matualla

From what I've read Mazara was never on the table. They didn't even want to give up Profar and Gallo.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
ME

Red Sox - Sale for Moncada, Benitedi, Swihart, Owens and Rodriguez.

Rangers - Sale for Mazara, Profar, Gallo, Tate and Ortiz

Nationals - Sale for Joe Ross, Trea Turner, Fedde, Lopez, and Glover

Cubs - Sale for Schwarber, Baez, Hendricks, Happ and Candelario

Dodgers - Sale for Urias, De Leon, Verdugo, Montas and Puig

I'll take Moncada, Benitendi, Devers and Rodriguez for Sale. I don't want Owens or Swihart.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 07:19 PM)
Well all I know is if I am Rick and another GM calls me and tries to tell me ANY of his prospects is not on the table for Chris or Jose, I'm just going to laugh and hang up.

That is simply preposterous.

Exactly.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 08:19 PM)
Well all I know is if I am Rick and another GM calls me and tries to tell me ANY of his prospects is not on the table for Chris or Jose, I'm just going to laugh and hang up.

That is simply preposterous.

Especially with the Dodgers offering up Urias, other GMs really don't have a card to play.

Also, the Sox should try and package Sale and Quintana each with one of Shields or Gonzalez and Robertson or Jones.

They could truly ask the Dodgers or Red Sox for anything at that point.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 08:00 PM)
Especially with the Dodgers offering up Urias, other GMs really don't have a card to play.

Also, the Sox should try and package Sale and Quintana each with one of Shields or Gonzalez and Robertson or Jones.

I just want a Moncada and Benintendi package and I'll be tickled to death.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)

f*** that. They can ask for anything with either of Sale or Quintana. There is not one prospect in baseball that is anywhere near as valuable as either of them.

And if there is a GM that disagrees with that, then that GM is not the right GM to trade with.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 09:00 PM)

I could not disagree with this post more.

And there is literally zero reason to trade Nate Jones. He's cheaper than hell and very good. If someone wants to pay out their nose, you consider it, but Jones should not be shopped.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
f*** that. They can ask for anything with either of Sale or Quintana. There is not one prospect in baseball that is anywhere near as valuable as either of them.

And if there is a GM that disagrees with that, then that GM is not the right GM to trade with.

Let me reiterate:

They could literally ask for anything and then some.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 27, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
I could not disagree with this post more.

And there is literally zero reason to trade Nate Jones. He's cheaper than hell and very good. If someone wants to pay out their nose, you consider it, but Jones should not be shopped.

You obviously don't give him away, but I'm talking in regards to getting an even bigger package on top of Q or Sale.