White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
In all reality we need to blow this team the f*** up. This offense is a complete joke and there is nothing on the horizon to make it much better anytime soon. Between now and this offseason, we need to trade Sale, Quintana, Gonzalez, Shields, Robertson, Duke, Frazier, Lawrie, & Melky. Recoup as many assets as possible. Stockpile draft picks the next two years and hope to be competitive in 2019, when there will be some actual free agents available to plug holes.

To me, there is no other alternative. This team as currently constructed is broken and there is limited hope to fix it before Sale hits free agency. Do the smart thing for once and sell, sell, sell.

Agreed. This offense is so far from being even decent that no quick fixes will help. Problem is getting enough value back for those two SPs. That's where they need to really capitalize on in order to rebuild this team. Stockpile prospects and get a new core to build around. We have one we could go with (Eaton, Anderson, Rodon, Lawrie, Fulmer). Fulmer needs more minors seasoning though. Next year would be a wash but it'd be the development year. They'd be awful but at least we'd have a new direction.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a crazy a f*** idea:

Boston gets Sale, Melky, and Robertson

White Sox get

Betts, Moncada, Benintendi, Rodriguez, Devers, Kopech, Travis, and Owens

As you can see... Monday needs to get here so my sanity can return.

I saw this idea floated out there a few times today. I can see the reasoning behind it. What do you guys think of

Sale for McCutchen and Glasnow or Tallion?

Pirates have Meadows waiting. We still get a young pitching prospect and a legit star.

Only problem is McCutchen is controlled only though 2018.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:04 AM)

White Sox get

I hate to disillusion anyone but we imagine all perfect deals while history says we settle for an aged superstar.

You would think the Pirates would be in on Sale. They have enough pieces in the minor leagues to make a really solid offer and they are in need of a true ace. You put Sale and Cole at the front end of the rotation and they are serious contenders for the next three seasons.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 05:48 AM)
In all reality we need to blow this team the f*** up. This offense is a complete joke and there is nothing on the horizon to make it much better anytime soon. Between now and this offseason, we need to trade Sale, Quintana, Gonzalez, Shields, Robertson, Duke, Frazier, Lawrie, & Melky. Recoup as many assets as possible. Stockpile draft picks the next two years and hope to be competitive in 2019, when there will be some actual free agents available to plug holes.

To me, there is no other alternative. This team as currently constructed is broken and there is limited hope to fix it before Sale hits free agency. Do the smart thing for once and sell, sell, sell.

This is like my post of a month ago. It's too late now. The ship has sale-d (get it?) Yes it has sailed. Dump everybody this offseason. Let's suffer through the rest of this season with our batch of .500 ballplayers.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:04 AM)
I saw this idea floated out there a few times today. I can see the reasoning behind it. What do you guys think of

Pirates have Meadows waiting. We still get a young pitching prospect and a legit star.

Cutch only has one more year of control - this, Meadows is the ask in his place.

QUOTE (sammy esposito @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
I hate to disillusion anyone but we imagine all perfect deals while history says we settle for an aged superstar.

You can't disillusion an insane person.

Edit: Welcome to Philosophy Hour with hi8is - come one in.

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:04 AM)

White Sox get

No chance. Betts for Sale would be a wash, give or take. They're not giving away the farm for Melky and Robertson.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 04:26 AM)
No chance. Betts for Sale would be a wash, give or take. They're not giving away the farm for Melky and Robertson.

Exactly ( reference the part about sanity ).

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:21 AM)
You would think the Pirates would be in on Sale. They have enough pieces in the minor leagues to make a really solid offer and they are in need of a true ace. You put Sale and Cole at the front end of the rotation and they are serious contenders for the next three seasons.

Going by the Pirates history, it's no surprise they aren't in on Sale.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:04 AM)

And that's a big problem. Also a problem is McCutchen is hitting at about Saladino levels this year.

I read that stuff from Nightengale about Hahn wants "veterans" for Sale. Hahn and Williams will never face reality, I guess.

This is the time of year you get a surplus ...yes, it's prospects.

In December, there is no surplus unless you can deal against certain weak-kneed GMs...like Hahn.

Edited by GreenSox

Industry still skeptical that #WhiteSox will move Sale. However, spoke with GM last night who said for “first time” he thinks it’s possible…

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/759007609571581953

Asked GM why. He said, “The tone of it. They've never even responded before. There's at least a discussion. Still not sure they get enough.”

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/759007622821322753

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
You think so? I mean Price pitched well last night, and they still lost. Their starting pitching is still a joke.

Indeed it is...if they didnt have Price though it might be different. But I think in Heyman or Sherman's last article the Red Sox were pretty much ruled out. They dont want to give up anyone of value. Now Texas might give in. They have made trades like this before. Plus their starters havent been winning games.

Maybe the Dodgers too

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)
Indeed it is...if they didnt have Price though it might be different. But I think in Heyman or Sherman's last article the Red Sox were pretty much ruled out. They dont want to give up anyone of value. Now Texas might give in. They have made trades like this before. Plus their starters havent been winning games.

Maybe the Dodgers too

But boston doesnt have pitching for the playoffs. You need shutdown pitching and they really dont have that. Wrights been coughing up alot of runs lately. Rodriguez hasnt been very good. Price has been on and off and he doesnt pitch well in the playoffs. Porcello is a guy you would have to count on. Pomeranz is probably their better starter

But i feel dodgers might be more desperate

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
But boston doesnt have pitching for the playoffs. You need shutdown pitching and they really dont have that. Wrights been coughing up alot of runs lately. Rodriguez hasnt been very good. Price has been on and off and he doesnt pitch well in the playoffs. Porcello is a guy you would have to count on. Pomeranz is probably their better starter

But i feel dodgers might be more desperate

I agree. Anything reported now is just smoke and mirrors and posturing in my opinion.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:12 AM)

Maybe the Dodgers too

I think someone will give in for Q because they won't have to touch their major league roster for him. Unless it's Texas who promotes Gallo and has Profar there. But Boston doesn't. Don't think LA will give up Urias for Q. Houston wouldn't give up Bregman for Q I don't think

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
I think someone will give in for Q because they won't have to touch their major league roster for him. Unless it's Texas who promotes Gallo and has Profar there. But Boston doesn't. Don't think LA will give up Urias for Q. Houston wouldn't give up Bregman for Q I don't think

Then none of those teams get Quintana. Hes a top 15 pitcher in war since 2012. You are going to have to pay for Quintana

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)

I just don't think Texas can be considered a contender for either pitcher anymore. They NEED Gallo and Mazara, without prince at first his production needs to be replaced and those two can't be dealt

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
I just don't think Texas can be considered a contender for either pitcher anymore. They NEED Gallo and Mazara, without prince at first his production needs to be replaced and those two can't be dealt

Let 'em have Cabrera to DH.