White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
It's amazing how fans think their teams can deal 3 mediocre prospects for Chris Sale. This isn't the world that general managers live in.

https://twitter.com/jcrasnick/status/759033683705724928

Yeah. If (big if) the Sox do trade Sale, many fans of the other team will s*** their pants over what the team gives up for him.

He should demand the most. He is the top trade chip on the market in ALL of MLB.

Probably the top trade chip available in the past half decade.

A Cy Young candidate year in and year out who is under a friendly contract for years to come.

That doesn't come along.

It's also what makes me sick to my stomach.

If this team can't win with 2 pitchers that are top 8 in WAR since 2013 under team friendly contracts........ then when are they going to be competent enough to win?

This team should have Cespedes on it. should have never had Rollins on it.

Just think about this team and its offense if Jerry spent in the offseason.

But he half asses it. Give the guy $32mm and MAKE him choose us. Who cares.

You'd have a totally different team right now.

You trade for a guy like Lucroy. You go all in on your "three year plan"

But no, they half ass.

Imagine where we'd be with those two guys.....

Eaton, Cespedes, Melky in the OF

Frazier, Anderson, Lawrie, Abreu, Lucroy

And whoever at DH

paired with our pitching staff?

Tell me that isn't a first place team right now and we're not talking WS and packing in 25,000 a night easily.

We were literally 2 bats away from being a front-runner. But we half assed to the point where trading a top 5 pitcher in the game seems like the best route...

Oh to be a Sox fan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
On the radio yesterday, Barry Rosner said the Rangers and Dodgers are the two teams really going after Sale. Doesn't seem like Boston is involved

Urias +++ makes the most sense for the Sox. They get the next Chris Sale, and some other pieces. Sharing a facility with the Dodgers in AZ, they should be as clear on who they like in their system more than any other team in baseball.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:54 AM)
Has to include Mazara. Drop Profar.

I'll take Profar as the 3rd or 4th piece.

Mazara/Gallo/Brinson/Ortiz/Tate would do it without Profar.

Problem remains that it just decimates their lineup.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:55 AM)
Bob Nightingale

The #Whitesox still want Joey Gallo and Nomar Mazara from #Rangers in any deal for Chris Sale

The fact it is Nightingale and he mentions specific names tells me discussions are happening and games are being played. He doesn't get that info by accident.

For the first time, I'm going out on a limb and saying he gets dealt to Texas.

I think they budge. I think it could be one of the biggest trades ever.

Sale, reliever, maybe Melky or Frazier for Mazara, Gallo, Profar, Tate, Ortiz and 2 other specs.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:08 PM)
Also, Sale's value is even more incredible. Skill and team control aside, just look at what Cashner and Pomeranz type pitchers are getting. Oh my.

That's why the names of prospects we throw out there aren't far fetched. He's THAT valuable. Plus he's durable unlike Darvish. I honestly think he's dealt. I would be shocked if Boston doesn't get involved

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
That's why the names of prospects we throw out there aren't far fetched. He's THAT valuable. Plus he's durable unlike Darvish. I honestly think he's dealt. I would be shocked if Boston doesn't get involved

if we trade Sale.. Hopefully we get at least 3 out of the below 6, along with Mazara who I consider a MUST. If we can get 4 prospect of this caliber I am fine with it.

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

Mendez

Profar

Odor

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
if we trade Sale.. Hopefully we get at least 3 out of the below 6, along with Mazara who I consider a MUST. If we can get 4 prospect of this caliber I am fine with it.

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

Mendez

Profar

Odor

Oh Mazara is a must and I think today proves that. I'm not a huge fan of Gallo but he'd at least bring some much needed power to the lineup.

I'm only fine with Gallo and Profar if they're not headlining the deal.

You'll never get Odor IMO. I'd love to but I don't think they would that's why they're asking for Mazara and Gallo.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
Still think it's unlikely that Chris Sale gets dealt. But FWIW, the Rangers, Orioles, Marlins & Nationals all had scouts at his start Thurs

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/759066541241532416

Rangers are probably scouting sale. Nationals are probably looking at bullpen pieces. No idea what the marlins and Orioles would be looking at.

Anyone else find the absurdity in teams scouting Chris Sale!? Why don't they save their scouting budget and just watch Sports Center where most of his pitches usually make highlights anyway. It's like us sending a scout to watch Clayton Kershaw...to see if he has what it takes to be good some day. Ha