White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:28 PM)
Q+Robertson to Red Sox

Sale to Dodgers

Sell off Melky, Frazier, Jones, Jennings, Duke, Shields and Gonzalez for best you can get.

Listen on Abreu and Eaton, but need fair value.

Then pray.

I wish the Sox had an owner who would actually sign off on something like this.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
So Cameron says a Benintendi/Devers/1 lower level guy (or Moncada/Kopech instead for the first two), Urias/Verdugo (or Bellinger instead of Verdugo)/2 lower level guys or Gallo/Brinson/Ortiz/1 lower level guy should be enough for the Sox to want to move Sale. If Sale was traded for any of those packages, would anyone here be happy with those trades?

No. Those are the types of trades you can get when Sale has 1.5 years of control, not 3.5 years.

So Cameron says a Benintendi/Devers/1 lower level guy (or Moncada/Kopech instead for the first two), Urias/Verdugo (or Bellinger instead of Verdugo)/2 lower level guys or Gallo/Brinson/Ortiz/1 lower level guy should be enough for the Sox to want to move Sale. If Sale was traded for any of those packages, would anyone here be happy with those trades?

Those might be "fair" trades, but life isn't fair and those teams NEED Sale in a bad way. The Sox do not need to trade him. The sox need to violate some GM in a major way.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
David Robertson, if traded, could get a decent haul on his own. If packaged with Sale or Q, Sox could become a top 10 farm system overnight.

https://twitter.com/RobHart1980/status/759086422188064769

I largely prefer not packaging, especially in the case of Sale. I think we actually lose out in a "package" deal. On the flip side, I'd be open to it with Q and Robertson for example.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:41 PM)
Those might be "fair" trades, but life isn't fair and those teams NEED Sale in a bad way. The Sox do not need to trade him. The sox need to violate some GM in a major way.

I hope they're able to do that by having 2-4 teams upping the ante, and it may take the last 15 minutes leading up to 3pm on Monday. But when it comes down to it, I'd be happy with a great deal that minor league experts/baseball people find fair too. That's just me.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)

I think they are all crap.

Not even close.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
Not nearly as smart as us message board posters. Not. Even. Close.

You might be right, actually, since the Williams/Hahn 1-2 management combo has only gotten the team to the postseason twice in their 15 years of running things.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)
if we trade Sale.. Hopefully we get at least 3 out of the below 6, along with Mazara who I consider a MUST. If we can get 4 prospect of this caliber I am fine with it.

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

Mendez

Profar

Odor

Odor!!! Odor is by far the best player on the list, including Mazara. He's not going anywhere with Mazara and 3 other names. If they offered him and Mazara the Sox need hit accept immediately.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:45 PM)
I largely prefer not packaging, especially in the case of Sale. I think we actually lose out in a "package" deal. On the flip side, I'd be open to it with Q and Robertson for example.

I'm fine packaging if it means Moncada and Benitendi together.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)

+1

If we end up with two top ten prospects in all of baseball out of 1 of our major pitchers and a bullpen piece I'll be thrilled.

If we had two top ten prospects at once, if you asked us who we could get if we packaged them there wouldn't be a single player in baseball we wouldn't think we could get. Possibly Trout.

It just go to show how far behind the Sox are when the BoSox are in playoff contention and they have two top ten prospects in all of baseball that havent even helped them yet....Demoralizing...

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
Thank you for your opinion Mrs. Odor. We will put it under consideration.

\

No problem. That is the reason his name hasn't been mentioned in this trade anywhere but here, let alone as a throw in.

I would be ok with that Dodgers trade. Urias is a phenom.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)

If I am Hahn, I am not trading Sale without getting those two plus some. Case closed and if it was the off-season I'd want one of Betts / Bradley plus one of Moncada / Benitendi and their best pitching prospect. Now some of you may say I am delusional, but that is what it would take if I were the GM.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
If I am Hahn, I am not trading Sale without getting those two plus some. Case closed and if it was the off-season I'd want one of Betts / Bradley plus one of Moncada / Benitendi and their best pitching prospect. Now some of you may say I am delusional, but that is what it would take if I were the GM.

I agree, but even in offseason I don't think we are getting betts.

But no, sad as I will be that even the best / pitcher friendly contract in baseball is being traded and we can't get them, I am not trading to boston unless we get both plus wildcard prospects.