White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
Since no one has said it, I am scared of the historical overrated nature of Yankees prospects.

Like the Tigers under DD, who is the last Top 100 Yankees' prospect to be traded and hit it big elsewhere?

Even the veterans they let go like Hughes, Swisher or Robertson don't do as well with other organizations.

As far as youngsters, Austin Jackson hardly counts as a mistake for Cashman. They might make mistakes (see Contreras for Loaiza, Quintana unprotected), but it's pretty unusual for it to occur when they deal top minor league prospects.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
Since no one has said it, I am scared of the historical overrated nature of Yankees prospects.

It's a fair point, no doubt, but Frazier is a legit headliner and I would probably demand a bit more quantity from them given their track record.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:21 AM)
The Yankees have like 8 top 100 prospects, many of them position players. They have plenty enough to get a deal done.

How many seem like pretty sure fire All Stars though?

Seems like many of them have major flaws.

To trade Sale or Q, you need at least two that project at that level, if not three...with Colon for Sizemore, Branden Phillips and Cliff Lee being the template.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)

Yeah, the Yankees potential package does not seem good at all to me. Severino, Bird, and Judge are definitely overrated.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:26 AM)
How many seem like pretty sure fire All Stars though?

Seems like many of them have major flaws.

To trade Sale or Q, you need at least two that project at that level, if not three...with Colon for Sizemore, Branden Phillips and Cliff Lee being the template.

I'm not a major league scout, but Frazier looks legit. Thrown in three more top 50 prospects, all whom are postion players and it's a good starting point. I'd want some arms too, and probably would require Justus Sheffield. IMO, that's a really nice offer. Not as good as one headlined by Moncada & Benintendi, but far better than what most clubs could offer.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
I'm not a major league scout, but Frazier looks legit. Thrown in three more top 50 prospects, all whom are postion players and it's a good starting point. I'd want some arms too, and probably would require Justus Sheffield. IMO, that's a really nice offer. Not as good as one headlined by Moncada & Benintendi, but far better than what most clubs could offer.

It certainly would be intriguing to see what Boston would do if they found out the Yankees were aggressively pursuing Sale.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
As of last week they were Cubs & Indians prospects!

I'll take them. The OF from the Indians, the SS from the Cubs, add Sanchez and one of the other Yankee top prospects (plus some minor stuff).

Plenty of Bosox prospects have turned sour too.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I'll take them. The OF from the Indians, the SS from the Cubs, add Sanchez and one of the other Yankee top prospects (plus some minor stuff).

Plenty of Bosox prospects have turned sour too.

Frazier, Torres, Sanchez, and one of Severino/Bird for Chris Sale? Lmao

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
It certainly would be intriguing to see what Boston would do if they found out the Yankees were aggressively pursuing Sale.

Trust me, if the Yankees are pursuing Sale, the Red Sox will certainly hear about it from Hahn. And now that the Yankees have the actual pieces to get a deal done, it will actually mean something to them. Hahn has some real leverage here.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
Trust me, if the Yankees are pursuing Sale, the Red Sox will certainly hear about it from Hahn. And now that the Yankees have the actual pieces to get a deal done, it will actually mean something to them. Hahn has some real leverage here.

Oh I agree

Want nothing to do with Severino as a headliner piece. He is definitely a reliever in my books. Severino doesn't use his lower part of his body and uses all arm. He is an injury waiting to happen. Wait a second he's already has an arm injury. Stay away another over hyped Yankees prospect.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Boston has more star level prospects so Yankees would have to go quantity.

Frazier,Torres, Sanchez,Severino couple fliers….Chance Adams, Jordan Montgomery, Dietrich Enns

Frazier, Torres or Mateo, Sanchez, Judge, Sheffield, plus another projectable arm or two. That's the deal I'm demanding from the Yankees. Would not accept anything less for Sale.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Boston has more star level prospects so Yankees would have to go quantity.

Frazier,Torres, Sanchez,Severino couple fliers….Chance Adams, Jordan Montgomery, Dietrich Enns

Judge needs to be in any deal w the yanks. Mateo too.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Frazier, Torres or Mateo, Sanchez, Judge, Sheffield, plus another projectable arm or two. That's the deal I'm demanding from the Yankees. Would not accept anything less for Sale.

I like this w Severino.