White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
We just traded for a 4th OF type and he was ranked as our 5th best prospect by MLB.com. That should be a wake up call to everyone that this organization doesn't have the resources needed to put together a winning team anytime soon.

We need to blow it up whether or not Hahn & KW are in charge or not.

But again that comes down from jerry not hahn or kw choices or whoever

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I have nothing to base this on, other than the return for Duke, but I get the impression that we aren't seeing any action because Hahn is still targeting guys on the cusp of the majors rather than high ceiling prospects. This is a FO that is unwilling to accept risk, and for that, they shall be perpetually crappy.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:59 PM)
Yes but not alot of teams has what it takes to acquire sale or Quintana. Going to be most likey same teams now that are in contention and the off season. Boston, texas, dodgers and now the yankees are probablya few of the teams that have resources to acquire sale or q. Not sure really any other teams that can.

That's my view as well. The teams that would want Sale and have the means to acquire him are in the playoff hunt right now. Not sure waiting until the offseason is going to benefit us with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
I would be really curious to see what is actually being offered before really judging whether the Sox screwed this up or not. Without knowing what was on the table, it is all assumptions.

This. If we don't trade them, we didn't get a good enough haul.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
I would be really curious to see what is actually being offered before really judging whether the Sox screwed this up or not. Without knowing what was on the table, it is all assumptions.

No doubt, but all the insiders are implying we're not very serious about dealing Sale. That message is a bit worrisome IMO.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
This. If we don't trade them, we didn't get a good enough haul.

Or they simply are unrealistic with their demands. The reality is we'll never know. However, the rest of the moves they make should speak volumes. If they only make a couple smaller deals and then try to convince us that guys like Tilson can fill our holes, I'll assume they were always prepared for more retooling BS and were never serious about dealing Sale or Quintana.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
Comes from both. Obviously Reinsdorf has ultimate say, but it's up to Hahn & KW to convince him that going for it in 2017 in a foolish strategy.

Hahn probably wants to rebuild. We know jerry doesnt and kenny is always going for it. Kinda fighting a up hill battle for hahn

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Hahn probably wants to rebuild. We know jerry doesnt and kenny is always going for it. Kinda fighting a up hill battle for hahn

If that's all true, then Hahn should consider resigning, because his bosses are setting him up for failure.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
If that's all true, then Hahn should consider resigning, because his bosses are setting him up for failure.
i agree kennny and jerry need to go they need to understand you can run a team like this anymore now a days team bulid from the draft and minors Edited by gosoxtim8

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)
No doubt, but all the insiders are implying we're not very serious about dealing Sale. That message is a bit worrisome IMO.

I have also read things about how teams aren't including their best prospects, such as the Red Sox not including Moncada. I would be way more upset about a second rate return than Sale returning to us.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
I have also read things about how teams aren't including their best prospects, such as the Red Sox not including Moncada. I would be way more upset about a second rate return than Sale returning to us.
i would think quintana would gave us moncada not sale

QUOTE (gosoxtim8 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
i would think quintana would gave us moncada not sale

For either Sale or Q, I'd want both Moncada and Jackie Bradley. And I doubt the Red Sox want to part with the latter while they're trying to get into the playoffs.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
For either Sale or Q, I'd want both Moncada and Jackie Bradley. And I doubt the Red Sox want to part with the latter while they're trying to get into the playoffs.

I want Moncada, Benintendi and Devers. If those three are offered, I'm taking the deal for Sale no questions asked.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:23 PM)
I'm well past giving this front office the benefit of the doubt, BUT in terms of Sale, there is no NEED to move him at this deadline. But if you have a plan (please God for once have a plan), then you best be confident you can get the package you are looking for this winter with more teams in the hunt for an ace.

If we go into the offseason with both Sale and Q you know we're going for it again in 2017.