White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:58 PM)
If the Red Sox won't include Moncada or Benintendi....then give us Devers + Eduardo Rodriguez.

3B Devers, SP Rodriguez, SP Kopech, 3B Chavis, and OF Basabe for Quintana.

No thanks.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
We've been waiting for 5 years now. Their value is going to start to diminish at some point if we don't move on this. Like I said before, it makes perfect sense in theory to wait until the offseason to move them but I guarantee that's not how we're going to operate if we still have both in the winter. 5 years since these two have been starting together and absolutely nothing to show for it. We can pretend we hold all the cards here and we don't need to move them(cause once again in theory we don't) but we're just going to repeat this same song and dance next July when they both have a little less value, if we don't move them now.

If their reasoning for not moving Sale or Quintana is due to the reluctance of another team to give up the package they want, six months will not change anything. More teams may be available to trade for him on paper, but how many have the quality players we'd seek? Probably exactly the same teams we're involved with now.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 08:58 PM)
If the Red Sox won't include Moncada or Benintendi....then give us Devers + Eduardo Rodriguez.

Nope. I need to get at least one back. Q is worth that high-end talent.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:58 PM)

To echo everyone else, no. It's bad enough they won't give up Moncada. It's Benintendi package or no deal. I think they budge because they need Quintana. Their staff as is is bad enough.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
To echo everyone else, no. It's bad enough they won't give up Moncada. It's Benintendi package or no deal. I think they budge because they need Quintana. Their staff as is is bad enough.

To me, it's both or no deal. You can keep your killer Bs in the ML lineup and if we're not touching your major league team, you're giving up the top of the farm or buzz off

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)

If DD really doesn't want to give up Moncada, I'd throw in Melky and ask for Bradley, Benintendi, and one of their top two pitching prospects.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Last year I had like 250 posts on deadline day, copy-pasted over 100 insider tweets here, etc... I do plan on doing it again tomorrow. One of my favorite times of the year honestly

Make it an annual thing and create a thread for it each year. Something like The Annual Jose Abreu Deadline Stream.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
If DD really doesn't want to give up Moncada, I'd throw in Melky and ask for Bradley, Benintendi, and one of their top two pitching prospects.

I've pondered that but don't see it. I can't believe Bruce has more buzz than Melky who has none.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
I've pondered that but don't see it. I can't believe Bruce has more buzz than Melky who has none.

I don't know why Melky isn't attracting more attention either.

My guess is that Bradley or Betts might be available this winter.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:17 PM)
To me, it's both or no deal. You can keep your killer Bs in the ML lineup and if we're not touching your major league team, you're giving up the top of the farm or buzz off

It's not like Devers and Rodriguez are randoms.

Not saying I don't prefer Moncada or Benintendi, but I'd rather do deal I threw out there than end this season with Quintana throwing meaningless innings for us. If it's Sale, fine, only do it for one of them, he's got a Superstar tax (popularity/notoriety).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:26 AM)
I'm predicting a GOAT meltdown around these parts once the deadline goes and nothing of consequence has transpired.

Which would be crazy because none of these guys have expiring contracts

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago

these 3 teams appear to be players in the mysterious sale derby (tho no guarantee he's dealt)

Today's Knuckleball @KnuckleballFRS

Per @JonHeyman: #Rangers, #Dodgers & #RedSox are in mysterious Chris Sale derby if #WhiteSox decide to make a trade: http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/knuckleba...ris-sale-derby/

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/knuckleba...ris-sale-derby/

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:44 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 2m2 minutes ago

these 3 teams appear to be players in the mysterious sale derby (tho no guarantee he's dealt)

Today's Knuckleball @KnuckleballFRS

Per @JonHeyman: #Rangers, #Dodgers & #RedSox are in mysterious Chris Sale derby if #WhiteSox decide to make a trade: http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/knuckleba...ris-sale-derby/

http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/knuckleba...ris-sale-derby/

Unless the Rangers, Dodgers, and Red Sox are in collusion to purposely devalue him, someone should provide enough and be the winner.

I mean are teams not fully aware how unprecedented it is for a pitcher of Sale's calibur to be traded midseason, while under a team friendly deal!? We very well may be trading the American League Cy Young, not some fricken bum. It's time for someone to give in and help the White Sox for once. They're getting a hell of a pitcher in return. He just has no use here

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
I'm predicting a GOAT meltdown around these parts once the deadline goes and nothing of consequence has transpired.

I'd rather nothing happen at the deadline for us than to see us trade Sale/Quintana (or anyone else) for an underwhelming package (what I'm fearing the most).

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:42 AM)
Reading that the Dodgers are making a late push with a package around Urias and De Leon. If the Red Sox are unwilling to part with Moncada, I say you make the deal if you can add two of Bellinger, Calhoun, or Verdugo

http://chavezravinefiends.sportsblog.com/p...chris-sale.html

We'll go ahead and take Puig off the hands for s***s and giggles too.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:04 AM)
We'll go ahead and take Puig off the hands for s***s and giggles too.

I'm not sold on De Leon. Urias is definitely the key, but just him and De Leon isn't enough for me for Sale who's a top 5 pitcher in the game, who's only 27, and has a team friendly contract. That is worth a TON.

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:13 AM)
I'm not sold on De Leon. Urias is definitely the key, but just him and De Leon isn't enough for me for Sale who's a top 5 pitcher in the game, who's only 27, and has a team friendly contract. That is worth a TON.

Oh, Peterson too