White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
But you can bet your ass that if the package ends up mediocre because the Sox didn't exercise enough patience, those fans will be throwing a fit about wasting their best asset.

The hypothetical trades you've thrown out there as mediocre I find pretty good. True that if any team I want a top prospect. But I don't think the "let's have your own farm" is realistic for any one player.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
The hypothetical trades you've thrown out there as mediocre I find pretty good. True that if any team I want a top prospect. But I don't think the "let's have your own farm" is realistic for any one player.

Considering you are give a team 3.5 years of the second best lefty in baseball and $100 million in surplus value, the idea of "realistic" is quite literally once in a lifetime when it comes to getting Chris Sale. The return should be ridiculous.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
If the reports are true and the best prospect in this package is someone ranked where Avi Garcia was ranked when we got him, you laugh and keep Chris Sale. Period.

While I agree that the Sox should only trade Sale or Q if the return in unprecedented, I find it very hard to believe the Sox haven't gotten at least some offers that include top 20 prospects. Both of their values dwarf the values of some guys that have been traded for top 20 talent within the past couple weeks. That doesn't mean the package was sufficient, but there's no way Sale/Q hasn't garner an offer including a blue chip prospect.

But that's not going to stop Soxtalk from saying "we could have have Benintendi, Moncada, and Kopech for Sale. Hahn is such an idiot."

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
The Front Office Defending Crew likes to take various opinions from different people and then claim they have discovered inconsistencies.

There are no inconsistencies? LMAO.

What are the offers for Sale? Oh you don't know, but whatever they are or aren't, whatever the Sox do or don't do, they will blow it.

If Sale or Quintana don't get traded today, what the true offers were for them will be irrelevant to many who will criticize them not being dealt. They will assume their unrealistic proposals were turned down.

Rosenthal just removed a tweet after 3 minutes that said BREAKING: White Sox Red Sox agree on Sale. Sox would receive Benintendi and Devers as a part of the deal.

No Moncada. Those guys are good...but if we trade Sale and it doesn't bring back a team's #1 prospect...wow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:33 AM)
But you can bet your ass that if the package ends up mediocre because the Sox didn't exercise enough patience, those fans will be throwing a fit about wasting their best asset.

Well some folks will be throwing a fit irregardless of what the return is. Others will be underwhelmed with the package. Still others will be optimistic about the new players coming to the Sox.

Ultimately, it's just anxiety with some frustration sprinkled in because we lack information.

Without having any idea of what is actually happening, we're all just left to speculate...

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
Rosenthal just removed a tweet after 3 minutes that said BREAKING: White Sox Red Sox agree on Sale. Sox would receive Benintendi and Devers as a part of the deal.

No Moncada. Those guys are good...but if we trade Sale and it doesn't bring back a team's #1 prospect...wow.

Um...

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:40 AM)

The real account?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
Considering you are give a team 3.5 years of the second best lefty in baseball and $100 million in surplus value, the idea of "realistic" is quite literally once in a lifetime when it comes to getting Chris Sale. The return should be ridiculous.

I have no doubt that if we move them, we will get a deal on par with the the most talent ever given up (pre us knowing outcomes).

But your hypotheticals of 6 for 1 deals with 2 top ten prospects in baseball and 3 other top 100 are obviously really good for sox. But that Benintendi, devers and others could still come back in a deal and others say "wow, red sox payed a steep price but it's worth it.".

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)

Hmmm. If that goes through that trade better include about 3 more names.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Have to imagine a fake one

I'm only on his real page. I've had it up all morning and refreshed it...saw the tweet...panicked, then got on here to post it, went back to copy the exact tweet and it was taken down.

Edited by FT35

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)

Benintendi would be a lot of teams #1 prospect keep in mine. He is top 10 prospect in all of baseball by some publications..

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)

Are we sure it was the real Rosenthal?

edit: someone beat me to it.

Thanks for sharing, FT35.

Edited by ChiSox59