White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:06 AM)
Also, DD "caving" is NOT going to include Moncada/Benintendi AND Devers/Kopech. If Hahn somehow talks him into the first two being included, anything else is gonna be light.

If they can land Moncada AND Benny then the rest is negotiable. I'll take Devers over Kopech because we can develop pitching.

Edited by SouthSideSale

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
If they can land Moncada AND Benny then the rest is negotiable. I'll take Devers over Kopech because we can develop pitching.

Moncada/Devers would be the ultimate homerun. Benintendi is a great third piece.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
It isn't though -- the "value" assigned to Moncada today doesn't have anything to do with the cost of acquiring him in the past. The Red Sox either made a good buy or a bad buy, but regardless, what they have TODAY is today's version of Moncada.

It's a common stock market fallacy to think like you're suggesting. If you bought $1,000 of stock yesterday, it diminished to $500 in value today, you shouldn't balk at a chance to sell it for $600 simply because you had $1000 into it.

So if today's version of Moncada is worth $75 million, and the initial investment of $63 million has been made already, then if Chris Sale is expected to be worth about $110 million, that means you should be able to extract another $35 million or so in value fairly from the Red Sox in addition to Moncada.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
I'm not arguing with your opinion of his value, I'm just telling you there's no way that deal ever happens. I'm just trying to set expectations.

Fair enough.

If DD values his farm system that much, we're better off pursuing somebody like Bradley or Betts. And that would most likely be done in the offseason.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
George Ofman ‏@georgeofman 6m6 minutes ago Chicago, IL

It appears there will be no deal for Sale between Sox and Sox. Things though, could change.

I hate dumb s*** like this.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:20 AM)

It appears there will be no deal for Sale between Sox and Sox. Things though, could change.

That is the most worthless tweet.... two simultaneous bet-hedges.

"We discussed several deals, we were very active, but ultimately, we were not content with the packages we would receive. In all probability, standing pat with our current roster could result in a team that puts up a competitive final two months of the season." -Rick Hahn, later today probably

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
"We discussed several deals, we were very active, but ultimately, we were not content with the packages we would receive. In all probability, standing pat with our current roster could result in a team that puts up a competitive final two months of the season." -Rick Hahn, later today probably

Yeah, I am hoping not.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:24 AM)

Almost word for word, he will say that.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)

Schrodinger's trade

if he said that we has lost his mind the season over for us there no wildcard or playoffs

It's so sad that we know what's going to come out from the Sox if/when they don't do nothing today.

This is a really pointless tweet. Twitter is the worst.

"Skip Caray, who's father is the legendary Harry and whose son is Skip, died in his sleep last night. Make that his son, Chip"

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Nothing is going to happen. Which is a shame because Robertson, Melky and Shields (or Gonzalez) should be unloaded.

Yeah I mean I will be a bit disappointed if no big moves are made, but if at least a few of these moves aren't made, I will be really angry.

Don't let the tick-tock get to you, fellas.

This is how it plays out. Hold those cards until the last few minutes. Red Sox, Dodgers, Texas, and Yankees make their best deals then.

Everything until then is posturing and noise.

And here -- we win on the Sales/Q fronts no matter what because similar if not better trades are available off-season (big * if an injury).

All that said, still work on those Shields, Gonzo, Robertson, Melky, and Frazier trades if a good one is there to be had!!!

Edited by CyAcosta41

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:29 AM)
:wub:

George Ofman is the worst.

He killed Ryne Sandberg, told us the Bears gave up 391 points in a quarter once.

The funnies might be when he buried all the children of Johnny Red Kerr.

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Don't let the tick-tock get to you, fellas.

This is how it plays out. Hold those cards until the last few minutes. Red Sox, Dodgers, Texas, and Yankees make their best deals then.

Everything until then is posturing and noise.

And here -- we win on the Sales/Q fronts no matter what because similar if not better trades are available off-season (big * if an injury).

All that said, still work on those Shields, Robertson, Melky, and Frazier trades if a good one is there to be had!!!

Not sure if I buy the bolded...in the offseason, the option always exists to give some guy coming off injury a try, or to wait and see how the season begins, etc...

I think this is the right market to move these guys.

Given the state of our org, I almost think we need to roll the dice on prospects instead of a proven MLB guy anyways.