White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
From Dave Cameron's deadline chat today:

Jimmy: Benintendi/Rodriguez/Devers/Swihart for Sale. Deal?

Dave: That's a big overpay for Boston.

C'mon Dave, big overpay?

I wouldn't call it an overpay and I don't know that the Sox do that deal. They might. I think what pushes it over is Moncada in and Robertson in. That is the deal I think the White Sox do (not sure if the Red Sox do it though).

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Probably cause they figure there is change of scenario upside. I presume he's the 3rd or 4th piece in a package and not the headliner, but he's the piece they want. I presume Urias and DeLeon are in the deal as the top minor league talent and then Puig is the major league guy and then you are talking about another one or two prospects.

I mean, if they could pull it for Q, I'd probably do Urias, DeLeon, Puig and Calhoun.

This is of course, going along with Sale to the Red Sox for a haul.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
I've lost a lot of respect for him this past month. He sucks at trade evaluation

The flaw in his logic is he bases things based upon surplus value and the surplus value for an unrpoven player is significantly overrated in his model as it doesn't not seem to account for "bust factor" probability and seems far more focused on ascribing a surplus value based more on the ceiling vs. anything else. As a result, you include one top 10 prospect and the "surplus" value damn near equates to Sale (which for all the reasons I said above, clearly should make damn near zero plausible sense).

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)

C'mon Dave, big overpay?

Cameron is high. Eastern Seaboard Propaganda Network

Some deal returning Urias, De Leon, Puig is a deal that can theoretically have you competing without doing a total explosion of the roster. Jerry will support this since his old-ass won't make it through a proper rebuild.

That's the Puig interest. That's the reasoning. This tells me the White Sox are going to hone-in on the Dodgers and try to get something like the above done. Expect Garcia to head to the Dodgers as a body.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:51 PM)
The flaw in his logic is he bases things based upon surplus value and the surplus value for an unrpoven player is significantly overrated in his model as it doesn't not seem to account for "bust factor" probability and seems far more focused on ascribing a surplus value based more on the ceiling vs. anything else. As a result, you include one top 10 prospect and the "surplus" value damn near equates to Sale (which for all the reasons I said above, clearly should make damn near zero plausible sense).

He's right it's an overpay, but it's how the market is right now. Look at the haul NYY got for 2 months of Chapman and 2 yrs/ 2 mos of Miller. That overshot his formula as well.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)

C'mon Dave, big overpay?

Benintendi and Devers are the only two that excite me. Rodriguez is a meh back of the rotation arm for me. Swihart is a throw in. Benintendi excites me, and Devers is a definitely a nice prospect, but further away. I wouldn't be only OKAY with that trade for Q, not for Sale.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:53 AM)
Some deal returning Urias, De Leon, Puig is a deal that can theoretically have you competing without doing a total explosion of the roster. Jerry will support this since his old-ass won't make it through a proper rebuild.

That's the Puig interest. That's the reasoning. This tells me the White Sox are going to hone-in on the Dodgers and try to get something like the above done. Expect Garcia to head to the Dodgers as a body.

For Quintana? Puig is a fine buy low guy. I'm just not sure what the real gain is because we need hitting prospects. I guess hope that Puig resurrects himself.

I just hope for a Shields and Garcia trade for Puig lol.

Not new, but the actual Tweet.

Hm. I wonder if they're trying to get Puig for Shields + and then ship Sale elsewhere (if at all).

This could just be a "compete" move to shore up the offense with a guy who will fit RIGHT IN as he's hitting right now.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
Dodgers made their move. Reddick and Hill.

For Jharel Cotton...their #13 prospect. Has to be more.

And the Dodgers can't expect Hill to push them over hte top. He's been good, but I wouldn't get too excited about him pushing them through in a playoff series.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
For Jharel Cotton...their #13 prospect. Has to be more.

And the Dodgers can't expect Hill to push them over hte top. He's been good, but I wouldn't get too excited about him pushing them through in a playoff series.

It's definitely more than Cotton

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)

Thank you. I have posted this a few times myself.

While there is a possibility Dodgers are going to swing Reddick/Puig out to us, I'd put it more likely that we're done.

If we do sell in the offseason, I hope it is without our current management. If we buy...

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
While there is a possibility Dodgers are going to swing Reddick/Puig out to us, I'd put it more likely that we're done.

If we do sell in the offseason, I hope it is without our current management. If we buy...

The Sox aren't done. They may not blow the whole thing up, but they're not done.

And Reddick would hold no appeal to the Sox. He's a FA at year end.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
I can't stress enough how little sense the Moncada "money we have invested in him" thing makes. I highly doubt that's a real holdup, because DD is smarter than that.

Totally agree. If you can afford to pay $31M just to talk to a guy, you can afford to "lose" 63 MIL to get a pitcher like Sale for 4 playoff runs.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
The Sox aren't done. They may not blow the whole thing up, but they're not done.

And Reddick would hold no appeal to the Sox. He's a FA at year end.

Nonsense. I'll believe Reddick is not a sox target when he retires.