White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Puig would make some sense, as the Sox are probably not going to be able to land a CF in FA this winter. Eaton will probably have to return to CF regardless.

Except next year shouldn't matter. But it will.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
For Jharel Cotton...their #13 prospect. Has to be more.

And the Dodgers can't expect Hill to push them over hte top. He's been good, but I wouldn't get too excited about him pushing them through in a playoff series.

Holmes, Montas and Cotton. Not bad for 2 months of 2 slightly above average players.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
The Sox aren't done. They may not blow the whole thing up, but they're not done.

And Reddick would hold no appeal to the Sox. He's a FA at year end.

I feel like your biggest problem as a Sox fan is you seem like you're way too rational as a person. The Sox management is it's own f***in animal. They don't think logically.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
Except next year shouldn't matter. But it will.

Puig's under team control until 2020, so he'd be more than a one-year rental. I'd rather have him than Shields, but I could easily see a scenario where Puig morphs into Avi with a stronger arm.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
Red Sox and White Sox still talking Sale per MLBN.

I really don't understand this. If I was the White Sox GM, I would tell them, this is what I want. Unless you are willing to agree to that price, don't call me anymore. I am not haggling Chris Sale.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
I really don't understand this. If I was the White Sox GM, I would tell them, this is what I want. Unless you are willing to agree to that price, don't call me anymore.

The Redsox musts be close enough to warrant the energy from the Sox.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
I really don't understand this. If I was the White Sox GM, I would tell them, this is what I want. Unless you are willing to agree to that price, don't call me anymore. I am not haggling Chris Sale.

Eh I think they'll talk up until the deadline. Mainly the Red Sox to see if Hahn will lower his price.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)

This is likely what is happening.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
I'm sure they will be because they could be laying groundwork for the winter like Rosenthal, IIRC is who said it.

But why do that 3 hours before the deadline when you have other calls to make? They could do this any day after the deadline if they wanted to just lay groundwork

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
Puig's under team control until 2020, so he'd be more than a one-year rental. I'd rather have him than Shields, but I could easily see a scenario where Puig morphs into Avi with a stronger arm.

He does have a stronger arm than Avi. In fact, he probably has a stronger arm than anyone. But he looks like he's turned into Avi at the plate.

As much as Avi sucked, it was interesting to find out he had 17 OF assists last year, and tied MVP Josh Donaldson for the league lead in walk off hits.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:14 PM)
But why do that 3 hours before the deadline when you have other calls to make? They could do this any day after the deadline if they wanted to just lay groundwork

I'm sure they're doing plenty.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Joel ShermanVerified account

‏@Joelsherman1

Told #Redsox are NOT discussing Sale #whitesox

I dont believe any of this stuff. Every one is trying to play hardball with each other.