White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
It's sad how predictable their failures are. Just like we're hear in December that the market is oversaturated with SP on the block, which decreases our pitchers value, and "why would someone give up all of that for Sale when they can pay half for Archer?"

Last I checked, the best starter traded this deadline is Hill and he's on the DL. So it looks like failure is a league wide thing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
Two hours to go, I still have faith that Zach Duke isn't the only trade.

I would be shocked if it is. Considering how he was used, despite him not being the greatest, it was a sign of the towel being waved. Of course, except for Sale and Q, most of the Sox "chips" can probably clear waivers.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
I mean we can argue all day about why Sale and Q are here. But the real question is why are Frazier and Robertson still here?

Cause the Sox aren't planning to trade Sale or Q in the offseason either. Sox will need a legit 3rd basemen and closer for next year. The Duke trade was the start of the re-tooling not re-building.

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:57 PM)
(PS -- While we don't have to give them up now, I'd love to give them up if they get the RIGHT deal, because sooner or later -- perhaps off-season 17/18 -- we really will have to give them up for what we can get.)

That's the key, selling at the right time where Sale and or Q are still effective pitchers. Not to say they won't be 17' or 18' offseason, but let's say the worst occurs with injury or ineffectiveness -- we're in a terrible position.

Our future in large part depends more on the success of either pitcher's return value than how well they pitch for us. We're going nowhere with two AL, Top 5 Cy Younf candidates. That's depressing as hell. How can Hahn possibly feel anything but shame wasting that talent?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
That's the key, selling at the right time where Sale and or Q are still effective pitchers. Not to say they won't be 17' or 18' offseason, but let's say the worst occurs with injury or ineffectiveness -- we're in a terrible position.

Our future in large part depends more on the success of either pitcher's return value than how well they pitch for us. We're going nowhere with two AL, Top 5 Cy Younf candidates. That's depressing as hell. How can Hahn possibly feel anything but shame wasting that talent?

So what is the bare minimum you would take for each today?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:07 PM)
He did say to expect huge things this deadline, unlike years past... but idk about that now

I remember watching ESPN BBTN in 2004 at the deadline. There was a flurry of activity right at the closing bell. Sox got Contreras, Sawks traded Nomah...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
So what is the bare minimum you would take for each today?

I want one of two packages for Sale.

Urias, De Leon, Puig, Verdugo and Calhoun

OR

Urias, Pederson, Verdugo and Calhoun

I'm borderline on Calhoun. I was going to post this without including him at all.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:14 AM)
I want one of two packages for Sale.

Urias, De Leon, Puig, Verdugo and Calhoun

OR

Urias, Pederson, Verdugo and Calhoun

I'm borderline on Calhoun. I was going to post this without including him at all.

I would walk away very quickly from either of those scenarios.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
I would be shocked if it is. Considering how he was used, despite him not being the greatest, it was a sign of the towel being waved. Of course, except for Sale and Q, most of the Sox "chips" can probably clear waivers.

Who, exactly? Frazier, Melky, Robertson, Gonzalez, Lawrie, Eaton aren't clearing waivers.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 26s26 seconds ago

The Chicago #Whitesox say that unless something dramatically changes, will keep Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.

Gotta be 8 seconds faster ;)