White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
Pederson is a LH Todd Frazier at the plate, only he hits fewer homers.

Today he is. He's also in his 2nd season in the majors and is extremely young. Oh and he plays a premium position and has all the defensive tools you'd want. I wouldn't peg him to be Mike Trout, but we know what his floor is based upon his current production, but ceiling still exists (the strikeouts clearly are an item that will likely significantly impact his ability to hit that ceiling). He's still on pace for a 4ish type WAR this year (which is a major upgrade from his rookie season...basically he's already at his rookie WAR). Basically put, a lot of people had such high expectations on this guy, that I think you forget he needs to develop.

A contender isn't always patient, but I think getting Joc and/or Puig in a deal would get me excited if I were the White Sox. I see legit upside. In fact, I'd do a deal for Q centered around Urias, Puig, and Pederson. Not saying the Dodgers make that deal and others here might think I'm underselling the notion, but I think you get a pitcher who has upside plus two guys who are upgrades on the White Sox with upside as well.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 19s19 seconds ago

The Chicago #Whitesox say that unless something dramatically changes, will keep Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.

f***, that means we are standing pat at the deadline for a second straight year. Gotta love this s*** FO.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 26s26 seconds ago

The Chicago #Whitesox say that unless something dramatically changes, will keep Chris Sale and Jose Quintana.

Good, that means they are not budging, and they shouldn't.

Unless something drastic happens, Hahn has come out and said this team is "mired in mediocrity" and yet, does not do anything about it.. As a fan, not a good look at all. Zero faith in this organization to make the right move.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
Unless something drastic happens, Hahn has come out and said this team is "mired in mediocrity" and yet, does not do anything about it.. As a fan, not a good look at all. Zero faith in this organization to make the right move.

Please provide details of the deals they have turned down.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
Either that or DD is trying to keep Hahn and Kenny's attention focused on them and not on making deals with Boston's playoff competition.

Obviously Yankees aren't a buyer right now, but I would happy to raid their farm system and deal Sale in the offseason.

Sale for Frazier, Mateo, Judge, Rutherford, and Sheffield would be a nice haul

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Obviously Yankees aren't a buyer right now, but I would happy to raid their farm system and deal Sale in the offseason.

no severino? and I prefer torres to mateo...hell give us both!

Also, none of these guys are major leaguers so what stops a deal right now, whether they are buyers or sellers?

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)

Severino, Bird, Sanchez, Judge, Frazier, and Torres.