White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
To me, getting young guys that are already proven makes a of sense. You still get some cost control, and you lose some of the uncertainty of turning into the next Brien Taylor.

To be perfectly honest, I would be just fine if they said Moncada, Benintendi, and Devers for Sale. Done Deal. Obviously, I don't know the specifics of the discussions, but if were dicking around with lottery ticket A Ball players being added im just dumbfounded by it. That's 3 of the top 23 prospects in baseball, 2 of which are performing at a high level in Double A. That's MORE than enough for Chris Sale.

This will more than likely be an unpopular take on the proposed Sale packages

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:37 PM)
I don't think you move Melky and Frazier, 2 of your 3 best offensive pieces, if you keep Sale and Q. Same could be said for Robertson.

So you are all in for 2016???..........................

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
To be perfectly honest, I would be just fine if they said Moncada, Benintendi, and Devers for Sale. Done Deal. Obviously, I don't know the specifics of the discussions, but if were dicking around with lottery ticket A Ball players being added im just dumbfounded by it. That's 3 of the top 23 prospects in baseball, 2 of which are performing at a high level in Double A. That's MORE than enough for Chris Sale.

There has been exactly ZERO indication that the Bo Sox would be Moncada for anyone.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)

It's unpopular because you are hung up on the wrong thing. The Sale trade isn't happening because they won't include both Moncada and Benintendi...not because they will include both but we want throw ins...

I might want one more lower-level prospect, but I might be convinced to do that deal as well.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)

I would agree, if we had those three in a deal, I'm game. I'd ask for more, but I'd be in general, okay. I'd probably sweeten it with Robertson to add Swihart to the package and call it a day (would push for more, but would settle at that). I just don't know if Boston has / would offer. None of us will ever really know (unless the trade happens).

They also aren't offering Moncada, and might not even be offering Benintendi.

Totally agree with that. Then you trade Q to the Dodgers for Urias +1. Is that for sure equal to talent? No you may get burned but you will also likely have a better team next year and a better future for years to come if those guys pan out.

I really believe that if Boston had offered that, Hahn would have pulled the trigger. Even without Devers.