White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
We don't know what they were offered guys. Get off the ledge.

Teams are making deals and left and right and we're supposed to think the only halfway decent offer we got for any of our guys was a 4th OF for Duke? I think it's pretty easy to say they f***ed up on dealing their secondary pieces.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:58 PM)
We don't know what they were offered guys. Get off the ledge.

There were plenty of deals to be made outside of Sale and Q, the only one they pulled off was Duke for a career 4th OF. Even that deal tells you that they are not committed to building a team, they are delusional thinking that they can keep throwing crap at the roster and it will put them into contention.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Teams are making deals and left and right and we're supposed to think the only halfway decent offer we got for any of our guys was a 4th OF for Duke? I think it's pretty easy to say they f***ed up on dealing their secondary pieces.

Yep. Other teams had no problem making deals. I really think that the FO really just does not which direction to head.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:57 PM)
The Sox f***ed up another opportunity.

It's getting real hard to support this team.

You are spot on. I am not done with this team becasue we did not trade Sale or Q. I am done with this garbage because they did not move one of Robertson, Shields, Gonzo, Frazier or Melky in a sellers market like this. Just so sickening and frustrating and unacceptable. Look at the Yankees, Brewers etc

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:56 PM)
This is f***ing ridiculous. Absolutely unacceptable to not move any of Robertson, Shields, Gonzalez, Melky, & Frazier.

Get ready for a few off season tweaks and taking one more run at it in 2017. If they actually found another big bat somewhere, and the old Abreu came back, maybe it works, but otherwise we'll be in this exact same spot a year from now.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Get ready for a few off season tweaks and taking one more run at it in 2017. If they actually found another big bat somewhere, and the old Abreu came back, maybe it works, but otherwise we'll be in this exact same spot a year from now.

Well, at least we'll have a new manager, so there's that.

QUOTE (chisox802 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
Yep. Other teams had no problem making deals. I really think that the FO really just does not which direction to head.

Unfortunately, I think the biggest struggle with the front office is the fact that it might not be in a very good position to succeed, because it is somewhat handicaped by ownership expectations, which kind of limit the willingness to "rebuild". As a result, I feel as if they are mired in the, well if you can do X and Y perfectly, I give you approval to do it, but if not, we should do X, but I can't give you full resources from a FA perspective. I might be wrong but It started this most recent off-season where they "half-assed" it, yet again (for a lack of a better term). Just unwilling to go all the way in and it left them in that middle zone.

While none of the moves debilitated the franchise, the lack of true foreceful direction, prevents you from making the best longer term decisions for the health of the franchise (whether it is giving that little extra in cash to go for it or saying, yes, lets make a deal and I'm okay with a new timeframe).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
They also aren't offering Moncada, and might not even be offering Benintendi.

This is a team that traded its top pitching prospect for Drew Pomeranz, are we really supposed to believe its the Red Sox that are the ones holding these talks up?

If we could place bets and then after the trade deadline the GMs came out and said heres what we offered, heres why we said no I would put all my money on the White Sox trying to strong arm Boston into giving up way more than whats necessary.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
Has anyone confirmed yet that we made no deals? I know some deals are announced late.

And what's this bonus time stuff flavum was talking about?

Just if a last minute trade got through and has yet to be announced. Gammons says to wait a half hour.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)
This is a team that traded its top pitching prospect for Drew Pomeranz, are we really supposed to believe its the Red Sox that are the ones holding these talks up?

If we could place bets and then after the trade deadline the GMs came out and said heres what we offered, heres why we said no I would put all my money on the White Sox trying to strong arm Boston into giving up way more than whats necessary.

Where are you seeing that they offered Moncada?

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
Just if a last minute trade got through and has yet to be announced. Gammons says to wait a half hour.

Usually bigger name, last minute deals, come through in the first 10 to 15 minutes. Sometimes smaller names can slide a little later.

QUOTE (GoGoSox2k2 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
You are spot on. I am not done with this team becasue we did not trade Sale or Q. I am done with this garbage because they did not move one of Robertson, Shields, Gonzo, Frazier or Melky in a sellers market like this. Just so sickening and frustrating and unacceptable. Look at the Yankees, Brewers etc

The Yankees probably just went from a middle of the road farm system to a top 2 or three system by trading two rentals and a closer making $9M a year for two more seasons. I can't blame Hahn, this type of ineptitude pre-dates his tenure changes are needed at a higher level.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)

Castro and Gomez. Book it.