White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
Where are you seeing that they offered Moncada?

I have no idea.. I made that pretty clear in my original post.. No one knows what was offered or talked about, its all rumors to this point

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
The Yankees probably just went from a middle of the road farm system to a top 2 or three system by trading two rentals and a closer making $9M a year for two more seasons. I can't blame Hahn, this type of ineptitude pre-dates his tenure changes are needed at a higher level.

He's been with the organization for 16 years and was assistant GM from 2002 until he took over in 2012. He's as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
Then why assume otherwise?

We can either assume the White Sox are asking too much or the Red Sox aren't offering enough, there's really no other ground to take here. Based off of moves Boston has made in the past and "moves" the White Sox have done, I feel pretty confident in assuming its the White Sox that are causing the issue until proven otherwise.

Again, no idea what the internal talks were. I just find it hard to believe Boston wasn't ready to play ball and come at us with a legit trade offer. Quite honestly, I think they probably got a great offer but deep down refuse to pull the plug on this team.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
We can either assume the White Sox are asking too much or the Red Sox aren't offering enough, there's really no other ground to take here. Based off of moves Boston has made in the past and "moves" the White Sox have done, I feel pretty confident in assuming its the White Sox that are causing the issue until proven otherwise.

Again, no idea what the internal talks were. I just find it hard to believe Boston wasn't ready to play ball and come at us with a legit trade offer. Quite honestly, I think they probably got a great offer but deep down refuse to pull the plug on this team.

The third option was that the Sox were posturing the whole time and Hahn couldn't convince JR to sell.

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
So who is the big name we get this off season ala Shark last year and Frazier this year? My guess is Puig

If that is the big name cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

I bet the old man JR thinks we have a shot this year (and maybe next). All he did was take out an overrated reliever for a JB Shuck replacement. He probably thinks we have another April type run in us to sneak into the playoffs. Its just that about 6 regulars have to actually all start hitting at the same time. Sucks...we should have at least re-tooled in a bigger fashion. Damn, I wish we had Cashman or even Daniels...or maybe Hahn, without the strings attached to JR/KW

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Say hello to Jason Castro, Ian Desmond, Colby Rasmus and Jered Weaver.

Desmond is going to cost like 4/60 after the year he's had. Probably something stupid this organization would do.