White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
We can either assume the White Sox are asking too much or the Red Sox aren't offering enough, there's really no other ground to take here. Based off of moves Boston has made in the past and "moves" the White Sox have done, I feel pretty confident in assuming its the White Sox that are causing the issue until proven otherwise.

Again, no idea what the internal talks were. I just find it hard to believe Boston wasn't ready to play ball and come at us with a legit trade offer. Quite honestly, I think they probably got a great offer but deep down refuse to pull the plug on this team.

I really doubt Boston offered both Moncada and Benintendi, every indication was that was the holdup. But I still can't believe Robertson and the others are still here. I figured that at least he would be gone.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
I really doubt Boston offered both Moncada and Benintendi, every indication was that was the holdup. But I still can't believe Robertson and the others are still here. I figured that at least he would be gone.

Maybe, would be nice to hear it confirmed. I still believe this front office went into this whole thing knowing full well they weren't going to trade any of this key pieces and made sure no offer would be good enough

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
Maybe, would be nice to hear it confirmed. I still believe this front office went into this whole thing knowing full well they weren't going to trade any of this key pieces and made sure no offer would be good enough

I hate that I believe this but that's exactly what I think happened too.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)

I know this is too good to be true. But is there any chance JR told KW and Hahn to stand pat because he plans on finally firing Hahn and KW at seasons end? Perhaps he wants his next GM to be in charge of the rebuild?

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
I know this is too good to be true. But is there any chance JR told KW and Hahn to stand pat because he plans on finally firing Hahn and KW at seasons end? Perhaps he wants his next GM to be in charge of the rebuild?

That's way too optimistic. That would be the correct thing to do.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)

I heard a comment a week or so ago on the MLB radio channel that Williams' and Hahn's contracts are up after this year. It was just made in passing, so I have no idea whether it is accurate or not.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:26 PM)
That's way too optimistic. That would be the correct thing to do.

True. I can't remember the last time JR did what's best for this organization? This whole damn thing is stale, lacks a direction and is pretty boring. Nothing like Hahn saying 'We are mediocre' than not addressing necessary changes at the trade deadline. To me, this is simply irresponsible. Two consecutive seasons of not selling off key assets at the deadline. The whole "nothing prsented itself to us for the long term sustainable success" crap is getting so old. You are a bad GM, Rick. You are a bad president, Kenny. And Mr. Reinsdorf-- you are out of touch on what it takes to achieve modern day success, so yes you are a bad owner. My favorite team in all of sports sucks and that pisses me off.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
It's literally nauseating. I'm in agreement. Sucks.

I'm not mad they didn't get rid of Sale or Q, but mad that all they could manage to do is rid themselves of Duke. Why do that only? Now we don't have a good lefty out of an already shotty pen. Unless Tilson lights it on fire coming from a great organization, it's gona be pointless. God I wish I could fast forward a few months to see what they do. I'm just flabbergasted right now and extremely disappointed. Boston must really love their prospects. Wish we had some great ones. We suck and have a s*** farm system. Chicago Clown Sox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
I heard a comment a week or so ago on the MLB radio channel that Williams' and Hahn's contracts are up after this year. It was just made in passing, so I have no idea whether it is accurate or not.

Im praying this is true. This way JR wouldn't have to fire KW, Robin or Hahn. Something he seems to be afraid to do for some reason. Even though it's the most logical move he can make at this point.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)

Yep. I believe that the Sox went into the deadline knowing that they were going to stand pat. All the current talk about trading Sale and Q during the offseason is just posturing too.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
True. I can't remember the last time JR did what's best for this organization? This whole damn thing is stale, lacks a direction and is pretty boring. Nothing like Hahn saying 'We are mediocre' than not addressing necessary changes at the trade deadline. To me, this is simply irresponsible. Two consecutive seasons of not selling off key assets at the deadline. The whole "nothing prsented itself to us for the long term sustainable success" crap is getting so old. You are a bad GM, Rick. You are a bad president, Kenny. And Mr. Reinsdorf-- you are out of touch on what it takes to achieve modern day success, so yes you are a bad owner. My favorite team in all of sports sucks and that pisses me off.

Here is the problem. If the return on a deal is only mediocre, how does that help you get any better? I mean they were willing to deal guys if they got the right offer, but they didn't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
Here is the problem. If the return on a deal is only mediocre, how does that help you get any better? I mean they were willing to deal guys if they got the right offer, but they didn't.

I can't think of any reason not to trade Melky, Robertson, Gonzalez, or Shields. I guess Frazier you could hope he rebounds to finish the year and sell in the offseason but no reason with the others.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
I can't think of any reason not to trade Melky, Robertson, Gonzalez, or Shields. I guess Frazier you could hope he rebounds to finish the year and sell in the offseason but no reason with the others.

The reason is the front office is still hanging onto the false hope this team can make the playoffs this year or next.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)

We have nobody to replace Frazier or Melky with, unless we trade for those pieces later on. I'd be in favor of signing Frazier to an extension. We didn't trade Shields because he's old, inconsisten, and semi-expensive. Therefore, nobody wanted him.

I can't justify not dealing Robertson and Gonzalez, though.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)

You're always defending the White Sox, but here, it's indefensible. So let's assume Sale and Q were not receiving the return value they expected. Ok, now what about Robertson, Cabrera, Eaton, Gonzalez, Shields? None of them were receiving interest? I can't believe it. Are we to believe trading Duke was the ONLY deal we thought worthy? They screwed themselves publically acknowledging this team was mediocre, then doing nothing to change it.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Me too! Would be comical if Yankees pass them in standings.

Actually heard an interesting discussion from a couple of Boston beat writers on their Trade Deadline Show. Tigers may be hurt by the Yankee fire sale. Boston has a lot of games w New York and the depleted Yankee roster will help Boston especially losing Chapman and Miller. Detroit may be the competition for the wildcard w the 2nd and 3rd eastern teams.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
Actually heard an interesting discussion from a couple of Boston beat writers on their Trade Deadline Show. Tigers may be hurt by the Yankee fire sale. Boston has a lot of games w New York and the depleted Yankee roster will help Boston especially losing Chapman and Miller. Detroit may be the competition for the wildcard w the 2nd and 3rd eastern teams.

Detroit needed the Sox to be sellers as well. They still have to face Sale and Q. We're not good in the division anyways though so who knows.