White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
Don't let the door hit you in the vagina on your way out.

If you decide to go that route

When the rebuild goes quicker than most expect because of the hauls we get from Sale and Q he'll be right back on the bandwagon like he never left when the Cubs don't win s*** over the next 3 years.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:47 PM)
*facepalm*

What are you face palming? Me or the guy that's threatening to become a bandwagon Cubs fan because Sale is acting like a childish asshole? Or are you just salty because you got facepalmed earlier? Lol lighten up Francis.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:49 PM)
When the rebuild goes quicker than most expect because of the hauls we get from Sale and Q he'll be right back on the bandwagon like he never left when the Cubs don't win s*** over the next 3 years.

I honestly don't know how long it'll be. Losing Sale would suck. Love the guy but this stuck in the mud thing isn't working either.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:13 PM)
Don't discount Pirates in trade talks w/ #WhiteSox. Need starters, have scout here and some good young talent (Glasnow, Meadows, Bell)

https://twitter.com/scotgregor/status/757062258107228161

I would love to see Sale go to the Pirates if they give us a haul and beat up on the Cubs countless times every year.

If Sale gets traded I would prefer it be to the red sox. It would have to be a blockbuster something like: Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Michael Kopech, Blake Swihart & Trey Ball.

Thats one top 5 prospect, 1 top 20 prospect, 1 top 100 prospect a major league lotto ticket with questions if he can stick behind the dish and a live arm that hasnt lived up to his draft stock in the minors.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 11:51 PM)
I honestly don't know how long it'll be. Losing Sale would suck. Love the guy but this stuck in the mud thing isn't working either.

The difference is we have valuable assets to trade from the major league roster to quickly accumulate top prospects while many other rebuilding teams can only rely on drafting because their rosters are so talent depleted. The Sale and Q trades alone speed up the rebuild at least 2 years.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 06:25 PM)
The only elite prospect that the Rangers have is Gallo, and, imo, he isn't that elite.

They have to put someone like mazara in there and that really isn't enough.

Gallo is Russell Branyan. Mazara is so much better.

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)
I hate Rick Hahn. I will 100% become a Cubs fan if they trade Sale.

Prepared to be done with this

Organization.

It will be so liberating.

A tear down has been mentioned in these parts since 2007. I was totally against it then but hey - the people who started beating that drum were right. You're not a fan, by the way.

Bye.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
A tear down has been mentioned in these parts since 2007. I was totally against it then but hey - the people who started beating that drum were right. You're not a fan, by the way.

Bye.

*golf clap*

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 05:38 AM)
I hate Rick Hahn. I will 100% become a Cubs fan if they trade Sale.

Prepared to be done with this

Organization.

It will be so liberating.

So you would get mad at one organization for tearing down the roster and joining the fan base of an organization that made it popular?

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:51 AM)
I still don't think the Sox will trade Sale. I doubt they will get what they are looking for and it'd be incredibly stupid to deal him for less than he's worth.

Three days ago I was buying into the likelihood being at .001%.

Now I'm split at 50/50.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
Source: "It'd take Betts, Benintendi and then some for the #RedSox to acquire Chris Sale from the #WhiteSox"

https://t.co/vfMDBLvUFJ

https://twitter.com/barstoolWSD/status/757208003057778689

So one guy says it will take your best five prospects, another guy says it will take Mookie Betts, Benintendi, plus. Given that the Red Sox have arguably the best top 5 in baseball, that's quite a bit of variation right there. Honestly, I think all these rumors are bulls***. And as much as I believe BarstoolWSD has a legit source (track record speaks for itself), I'm also not convinced he doesn't make s*** up from time to time. His reporting on the Sale stuff yesterday was sketchy, almost implying Sale was being moved at one point to the saying the "uniform story is BS". I know he was drunk, but I'm going to take whatever he says on this subject with a huge grain of salt.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:04 AM)
So one guy says it will take your best five prospects, another guy says it will take Mookie Betts, Benintendi, plus.

I know Dave is usually right this year, but I don't know if I trust him on this. I mean, this is a guy who is still maintaining that the uniform cutting thing never happened, so

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
I know Dave is usually right this year, but I don't know if I trust him on this. I mean, this is a guy who is still maintaining that the uniform cutting thing never happened, so

Welcome to the Darkside