White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
Levine mentioned the Nationals as maybe having interest. They have enough prospects to make a deal.

To me, the only teams with a realistic shot at Sale are the Red Sox, Dodgers, Pirates, Nationals, Astros, & Rangers. The Cubs obviously have the talent too, but don't see us doing a deal with them.

Red Sox

Moncada

Benintendi

Devers

Kopech

E. Rodriguez

Dodgers

Urias

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Holmes

Pirates

Glasnow

Meadows

Bell

Newman

Keller

Nationals

Giolito

Turner

Robles

Lopez

Fedde

Astros

Bregman

Martes

Musgrove

Tucker

Reed

Rangers

Mazara

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 11:17 AM)
To me, the only teams with a realistic shot at Sale are the Red Sox, Dodgers, Pirates, Nationals, Astros, & Rangers. The Cubs obviously have the talent too, but don't see us doing a deal with them.

Red Sox

Moncada

Benintendi

Devers

Kopech

E. Rodriguez

Dodgers

Urias

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Holmes

Pirates

Glasnow

Meadows

Bell

Newman

Keller

Nationals

Giolito

Turner

Robles

Lopez

Fedde

Astros

Bregman

Martes

Musgrove

Tucker

Reed

Rangers

Mazara

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

Would be insane to make 2 of those deals moving Sale and Q.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
Would be insane to make 2 of those deals moving Sale and Q.

I agree, I think Q's extra year of control is equal to sale's perceived dominance, and if both get moved the packages will rival one another. The question becomes do you move Eaton and Abreu as well or can they anchor your future core with Collins and Anderson. Eaton will be 29/30 if they sell off and we compete in 2 to 3 years Abreu will be 31/32.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
I agree, I think Q's extra year of control is equal to sale's perceived dominance, and if both get moved the packages will rival one another. The question becomes do you move Eaton and Abreu as well or can they anchor your future core with Collins and Anderson. Eaton will be 29/30 if they sell off and we compete in 2 to 3 years Abreu will be 31/32.

If ya move both, then you gota move Abreu, Melky, Frazier, etc.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)

Red Sox

Moncada

Benintendi

Devers

Kopech

E. Rodriguez

Dodgers

Urias

De Leon

Bellinger

Verdugo

Holmes

Pirates

Glasnow

Meadows

Bell

Newman

Keller

Nationals

Giolito

Turner

Robles

Lopez

Fedde

Astros

Bregman

Martes

Musgrove

Tucker

Reed

Rangers

Mazara

Gallo

Brinson

Ortiz

Tate

Ideally for the best packages for our club: Sale and Robertson to Red Sox, Q to Dodgers

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)

IMO, you hold onto to Eaton & Abreu for now. Eaton has a ton of control left and can always be moved at a later date. And I wouldn't deal Abreu during a down season, we're better off starting off 2017 with him at 1B/DH and hoping he rebounds.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Well yea. Posturing.

It absolutely is...if there's anyone who's going to make a big move it's him. I still dont see them meeting our price. Or anyone for that matter.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 4m4 minutes ago

Amidst Sale drama, #WhiteSox have been active. One source says given the interest in closer David Robertson, it's very likely he is traded.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 3m3 minutes ago

As reported earlier by @barstoolWSD, this source offered secondary confirmation that #RedSox have serious interest in David Robertson.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 3m3 minutes ago

Source says not to rule out a mega deal with #RedSox acquiring both David Roberston and Jose Quintana. #Dodgers hot on Quintana as well.

Brian Bilek ‏@BrianBilek_ 4m4 minutes ago

#RedSox Dave Dombrowksi is living up to his reputation. One in the know expects his offer to best #Dodgers offer in Quintana sweepstakes.

Rabbit coming in hot

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
I don't get why we would deal one and not the other. Wouldn't moving both make more sense?

Haven't you seen Married with Children? :lol:

Sorry corny joke just made me think about the theme song.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
Haven't you seen Married with Children? :lol:

Sorry corny joke just made me think about the theme song.

Are you saying Q and Sale go together like a horse and carriage? :ph34r:

I don't get why we would deal one and not the other. Wouldn't moving both make more sense?

[/quote.

No. You just don't trade guys to get them. Need an unprecedented haul for Sale. He stays unless you receive it. You don't just decide to move both guys.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
No. You just don't trade guys to get them. Need an unprecedented haul for Sale. He stays unless you receive it. You don't just decide to move both guys.

But the rationale behind moving one should lead you to moving the other. Not saying it gets done by the deadline but both should go if one is moved. If you move Q and wait til the offseason to move Sale, that's fine and dandy but at the end of the day, what the heck's the point of keeping one or the other if we're probably gonna be a dumpster fire for a couple years?

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:49 PM)

Exactly, Q would likely be the one to remain if any because he has one more year of control, but if the sox are going to stop the half measures they should move everyone sans Abreu (down year unless he picks it up these next 9 days) and Eaton locked up with options till '21 unless they're blown away. Eaton is on pace for 4.5WAR and i could see him being a fit with the Astros and bringing back an impressive haul as well.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
they should move everyone sans Abreu (down year unless he picks it up these next 9 days)

Slugging has dipped 80 points in each of the last two seasons. One could say the opposite and say get something for the guy while you still can.