White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
WTF? Patc just said we wouldn't be able to win for 5-7 years if we don't keep one of Sale or Quintana because we wouldn't have an ace. I'm saying that one specific need can be filled over the next several seasons by blowing it up. That doesn't change the fact we can't fill numerous needs over the next two or three years before Sale leaves us via free agency if we hold onto our pitching assets. Not sure what you're getting at here...

The farm system is going to produce no matter what happens to Chris Sale. It doesn't make sense to assume it will if Sale is dealt, but there is nothing to come from the system if we keep Sale.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
It's just one game but today Moncada & Benintendi combined for 0-9.

Moncada was 0-5 with 5K's. Faced a 29y old journey man with a 4.01 lifetime era in the minors. One game but nothing is guaranteed!

That really is a lot of worthless information, but I don't really care if the haul they received was Moncada + 3 others and Moncada busts...as long as 2 or 3 of the others are good players in 2-3 years.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:52 PM)
That really is a lot of worthless information, but I don't really care if the haul they received was Moncada + 3 others and Moncada busts...as long as 2 or 3 of the others are good players in 2-3 years.

Looking back through recent history, how often is the return that high in retrospect?

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
:o

Um.... so what happens in 3 years when they're still nowhere near a world series and won't give either $25+ million a year?

No offense dude but that sounds like Kenny Williams.

Yes, because KW is known for trading his top pitchers.

The hardest commodity to find are top pitchers. Why trade all of them away when you can trade one, get back talent and make a run in two years?

i don't think you understand how difficult it will be to find pitchers like Sale and Quintana.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Of course he'll say that. I'm sure he'll try but the Sox will get him. They dont HAVE to move either SPs. It's all a game of cat 'n mouse and smoke 'n mirrors game.

I agree. That is why he won't be traded there.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Why can't we draft, trade, or sign one eventually? If we have top 5 picks for a few years, we'll have a great chance at landing one. And if you deal Sale and Quintana, you're probably targeting a potential TOR starter in one of the deals. Plus we have Rodon and Alec Hansen (wild card) with ace potential already in the system.

I don't think there is a great chance. These guys don't come along often. Even if you draft one, he's 4-5 years away minimum. All prospects have potential, Sale and Quintana are there. Hansen is 4 years away even if he makes it, which is far from a given.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
I think the sox get Moncada because Quintana or Sale aren't rentals. The value is there to give him up.

It will be interesting to see if dombrowski folds.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
It will be interesting to see if dombrowski folds.

I don't think he will. Nor should he. Has a chance in a weaker AL to put the sox up on top with adding Sale/Q and Robertson. I think they still get Moncada+ for Quintan and Robertson.

Edit: fixed sorry busy working typo

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 04:34 PM)
I don't think he will. Nor should he. Has a chance in a weaker AL to put the sox up on top with adding Sale/Q and Robertson. I think they still get Robertsom as well in the package.

Your statements are pretty contradictory, as they read currently.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:10 PM)
I have no idea what you're trying to say lol.

I think SouthSideSale is using the term "fold" as folding one's cards and walking away from the table, whereas everyone else is using "fold" as meaning "giving in" to Sox demands.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:13 PM)
I think SouthSideSale is using the term "fold" as folding one's cards and walking away from the table whereas everyone else is using "fold" as meaning "giving in."

Ya that's what I thought he meant. Fold as in its a poker game right now lol

@JoelSherman1 #Yankees would be stockpiling SS behind Didi: Torres!and Mateo elite prospects but also Wade, Holder, Park. Gives them ammo (cont)

To target SP in offseason or even to consider now if wanted to make a run at someone like Chris Sale.

Edit: forgot to add first part. Sorry rough day for me lol.

Edited by SouthSideSale