White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 06:39 PM)
Asking for Correa says that Hahn/Williams are either a) not serious or b) still wed to this nutty notion of a "3 year window" and that they can actually contend this year.

Astros are contenders. They will not trade their stud SS in July. Nor should they.

And that's not who Hahn should be looking for anyway. You can get a buyer's surplus this year by grabbing elite prospects, not with established major leaguers. Ask for Bregman +...that's where the surplus lies. yes, they are prospects; but the Sox are looking to close multiple holes and build a weak organization.

You're f***ing nuts. I'd take Correa and not look back

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:14 PM)
I think they've gotten the best offers they're going to get. They aren't going to trade him.

I don't think so either. Quintana is most likely gone.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
I'm beginning to think the Sox are going to get an offer they can't refuse for Sale before the deadline.

I don't think they have any plans to trade him, and I also don't think they are going to rebuild in the traditional way. They'll use Q to get near MLB ready bats.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:15 PM)
I don't think they have any plans to trade him, and I also don't think they are going to rebuild in the traditional way. They'll use Q to get near MLB ready bats.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 01:16 AM)
A package including Correa for Sale would be an unreal grab for the White Sox. That's why it won't happen.

Would actually make sense for Houston in all honesty. Bregman could fill in for Correa right away.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 07:15 PM)

I don't think so. I think yesterday was pretty telling. Not trading Sale doesn't mean they wouldn't completely rebuild, it means they're not giving him away.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
It's crazy now. We just can't hear the conversations.

There's a really good chance Hahn gets an offer he really likes for either Sale or Q. These contenders are all chomping at the bit

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
There's a really good chance Hahn gets an offer he really likes for either Sale or Q. These contenders are all chomping at the bit

For Q no question IMO. I'd be beyond stunned if they moved Sale. If they did, it'd be great for us because that means we're getting someone like Correa.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:25 PM)
For Q no question IMO. I'd be beyond stunned if they moved Sale. If they did, it'd be great for us because that means we're getting someone like Correa.

Agreed. The more I think about it, I'm okay with moving Q but a little bit hesitant on Sale. I'm glad we're hearing a lot about selling-type moves.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:35 PM)
If the Sox trade Sale I might have to devise some crazy physics experiment to check if i'm still in the same reality as I was before the trade.

If the Sox trade Sale, it means Hahn and Williams have finally entered the same reality we're in.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:41 PM)
I get the feeling Hahn wants to but KW never wants to not compete..

KW always wants to compete. He caught lightning in a bottle in 2005 and now assumes the way to win is overpay talent other teams don't want.

It's not that he lacks TWTW, it's that he's completely misguided.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:43 PM)
KW always wants to compete. He caught lightning in a bottle in 2005 and now assumes the way to win is overpay talent other teams don't want.

It's not that he lacks TWTW, it's that he's completely misguided.

Overpay? I thought they were too cheap. I get so confused and whiplash as well reading posts.