White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (ChiSox1917 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:22 AM)
Sounds good to me. Sale for Urias, De Leon, Bellinger, Puig, and Pederson.

Get on it Hahn!

Include Melky if you need to for LA.

Then Q for Benintendi, Devers, Swihirt, and Kopech.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:26 AM)
Include Melky if you need to for LA.

Then Q for Benintendi, Devers, Swihirt, and Kopech.

Wouldn't mind those deals. I'd prefer E Rod over Swihart though even if we only got Benintendi, Devers, E Rod

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 01:33 AM)
Wouldn't mind those deals. I'd prefer E Rod over Swihart though even if we had to take a lower rated prospect than Kopech.

Clearly these next ~12 hours need to go by quickly so we can all stop taking wild stabs in the dark and move on with life.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 05:57 AM)
Dear Lord, people. It's Pederson.

Don't act like you want the guy when you can't even spell his name right.

Oh well excuse me all to hell. I thought I put Pederson but my iPad autocorrected it. Go f*** yourself.

I probably like the Dodgers prospects more than the other two teams because of Urias and De Leon alone even though the other teams have by far the better position prospects (Texas especially). I just feel our organization can properly develop those two (though Urias doesn't need much).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
I probably like the Dodgers prospects more than the other two teams because of Urias and De Leon alone even though the other teams have by far the better position prospects (Texas especially). I just feel our organization can properly develop those two (though Urias doesn't need much).

I align with your thinking.

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:19 AM)
If DD really doesn't want to give up Moncada, I'd throw in Melky and ask for Bradley, Benintendi, and one of their top two pitching prospects.

Huh???t. Boston is short a LF right now w Young out and Holt still recovering. Why would they trade their LF heir apparent and their CF and replace w Melky when they are in the pennant chase. Now they have no CF. As I posted before, Bradley is an untouchable. Betts maybe in the offseason but he will require a lot in return removing a lot of prospects from a Sale or Q haul.

Texas has no shot because they won't want to give up Mazara. I'm not enamored with Gallo and Profar only has about 3 years of control left and with his agent, Boras, he'll want a big contract. Texas' system just doesn't do much for me outside of Mazara.

Boston and LA are the teams but I just don't see them doing this deal midseason.

A deal built around Mazara, Gallo, Brinson, Ortiz, & Tate could work. Let them keep Profar. Maybe include Melky to help offset the loss of Mazara and to get a couple more pieces back. That's not a bad deal at all. Not as good as a Moncada/Benintendi lead package, but I'm not sure how many other clubs could actually top it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 06:42 AM)
A deal built around Mazara, Gallo, Brinson, Ortiz, & Tate could work. Let them keep Profar. Maybe include Melky to help offset the loss of Mazara and to get a couple more pieces back. That's not a bad deal at all. Not as good as a Moncada/Benintendi lead package, but I'm not sure how many other clubs could actually top it.

I had a similar idea over the weekend. Adding Melky to offset the loss of Mazara and help with loss of Choo who is hurt also. That's a hard deal to top you're right

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:56 AM)
Think I'd rather have Profar over Gallo.. Not at all impressed with Gallo

Exactly my feelings. Gallo has a huge bust factor about him. He's only 22 and could turn it around, but MLB results are scary so far.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:06 AM)
Exactly my feelings. Gallo has a huge bust factor about him. He's only 22 and could turn it around, but MLB results are scary so far.

I know people hate on Profar having 3 years of control, but that doesn't mean we couldn't use him. And if they are in a rebuild mode, they, could also deal him in a year or 2. It would just depend on what else comes over here.

People were saying the same things about Baez last year they are saying about Gallo now. Gallo may never hit .250, but he is going to be a 40 homer guy. If the Sox got 4 or 5 prospects, he being one wouldn't be too shabby.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
The Pirates went three decades without finishing over .500. Tell me how much better that is than where we are now.

Two decades...they were pretty good with Bonds, Bonilla and Leyland.

Fwiw, one thing to watch with Baez or even Saladino is they are getting the benefit of mostly favorable matchups. Not sure how well that holds up as everyday players. What are the Baez splits this year?

Edited by caulfield12

I know it's been said a hundred times, but Profar only has three years of control and is represented by Boras. He makes little sense for a rebuilding club. Gallo is obviously a risk because of the K's, but he's also got incredible upside (80 grade power) and has crushed every level of minor league pitching. It may not be a popular comparison around here, but he's somewhat similar to a young Adam Dunn offensively with the ability to play as a passable 3B. If I'm also getting Mazara & Brinson, I'm more than happy to roll the dice on Gallo.

They won't move Mazara.

Odor is a bit more realistic. Tate and Brinson. Gallo. Plus someone like Chi Chi Rodriguez. That pool of five.

Profar could take over second for them. Perhaps Saladino goes to TX to provide another infielder for insurance purposes, although they also have Alberto.