White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
Well, that will give us something to talk about for a few more hours :)

I trust you FT35, but it just as easily could have been him relaying false info he tried to get around.

Yes! This is possible!! However, it was posted on his real page. I bet it's a crazy day for him!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
I have no doubt that if we move them, we will get a deal on par with the the most talent ever given up (pre us knowing outcomes).

But your hypotheticals of 6 for 1 deals with 2 top ten prospects in baseball and 3 other top 100 are obviously really good for sox. But that Benintendi, devers and others could still come back in a deal and others say "wow, red sox payed a steep price but it's worth it.".

The starting price for Chris Sale should be a young cost controlled, somewhat proven star player, and a mess of prospects. We aren't going to get that because we are in season, so we are already settling. If we aren't getting multiple high ranking top prospects. Not bottom of the to 100, but true and legitimate top prospects. If you aren't getting it, you wait til the off season when you can get that major league every day player in a deal.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Someone would have retweeted or copy pasted that if Rosenthal said it or at least mentioned it on twitter elsewhere. Search turns up nothing. Don't know what you saw.

agreed here.. someone out there would have caught it before he got it deleted. the guy has 789,000 followers. One person retweets that before it gets deleted i gaurentee it

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:49 AM)
The starting price for Chris Sale should be a young cost controlled, somewhat proven star player, and a mess of prospects. We aren't going to get that because we are in season, so we are already settling. If we aren't getting multiple high ranking top prospects. Not bottom of the to 100, but true and legitimate top prospects. If you aren't getting it, you wait til the off season when you can get that major league every day player in a deal.

Well, that's your price. I don't see a need to get a proven star when we letting other pieces season while we make a big push of talent at once. Otherwise we will just have the same "WE ARE CLOSER THAN WE APPEAR" logic.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
Someone would have retweeted or copy pasted that if Rosenthal said it or at least mentioned it on twitter elsewhere. Search turns up nothing. Don't know what you saw.

I'm sure it was just a fabrication of my mind. I occasionally see random paragraphs of text on my computer screen for no reason at all. I read and comprehend the content that is pertaining to today's events even though they do not exist. Hey...gotta go, I am going to eat this banana that just popped out of my DVD drive. I'll make sure to post more delusional content later.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)
I'm sure it was just a fabrication of my mind. I occasionally see random paragraphs of text on my computer screen for no reason at all. I read and comprehend the content that is pertaining to today's events even though they do not exist. Hey...gotta go, I am going to eat this banana that just popped out of my DVD drive. I'll make sure to post more delusional content later.

What a bizarre dude

haha, wait...what?

Lol

QUOTE (heirdog @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
What a bizarre dude

The point is this...I didn't report a trade. I saw a tweet on a credible source's page, and thought to post it here where people are talking about tweets on credible source's pages. I know what I saw, I'm not posting from a mental institution. I made no claim of it's validity, I simply thought it was interesting enough to share.

Edited by FT35

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:03 AM)
The point is this...I didn't report a trade. I saw a tweet on a credible source's page, and thought to post it here where people are talking about tweets on credible source's pages. I know what I saw, I'm not posting from a mental institution. I made no claim of it's validity, I simply thought it was interesting enough to share. Apparently this is a different crowd who would rather throw stones than discuss.

No, I think you misunderstood. We like the sharing and really no one came at you too strongly about it and the reaction was just a bit bizarre...bananas and DVDs and what not...that's all. Keep at it and continue to share.

Make sure you credit Rosenthal for the banana