White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
I would be beyond thrilled if the Sox could get both Benintendi and Moncada for Sale. Seems like an absolute pipedream, however. I think this is the sticking point and reason why no deal will get done. Our Sox want both, but Boston ain't gonna do it.

Until they will...tick tock

I do agree with Our Chuck. Just wait it out. No need to blink. This is a guy that can get you a WS this year and you still have him with about $50-$60 million discount the next 3 seasons. If they don't want to blink and don't win the WS, they have to live with it. It still would be an unprecedented trade if done after this season. Open it up to a few teams.

With his contract, non contenders should be making offers for him now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)
I do agree with Our Chuck. Just wait it out. No need to blink. This is a guy that can get you a WS this year and you still have him with about $50-$60 million discount the next 3 seasons. If they don't want to blink and don't win the WS, they have to live with it. It still would be an unprecedented trade if done after this season. Open it up to a few teams.

So true. Teams that believe they are going to compete next year (which should be a lot) should be proactive and try to get in on this. I dont get it.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
red sox seem to be most heavily involved for chris sale at moment. big question: would they do both moncada & benintendi?

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/760137549423706112

If I'm Hahn, the answer is that they'd have to. The packages I'd accept would include...

Sale for Moncada, Benintiendi, Kopech, and Devers

Sale and Melky for (Bradley or Betts) + Kopech and (Devers or Benintiendi)

If Dombrowski won't agree to that and I can't get something of similar value from another organization, I politely tell DD that we should talk again during the winter meetings.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Jayson StarkVerified account

‏@jaysonst

A source who said yesterday the chances of Chris Sale getting dealt were under 5 percent says again this morning "under 5 percent"

My thoughts- if this is really the case, and DD is that certain to not give in, then maybe we should stop wasting our time there and focus on Robertson/Frazier/Melky/Shields/Gonzalez/Quintana trades.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
If Boston won't include Moncada and Benintendi for Sale, I'd try to work a deal for Q with Benintendi as the centerpiece, along with a few of their other top guys.

This would be giving away our two aces and be an utter failure

What about taking 35 MM of Sandoval to offset some of the Moncada bonus to get the return that we want? Would that be worth it to you guys? We're rebuilding anyway and it really doesn't matter, and he'll be off the books when we're ready to compete anyway.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
Jayson StarkVerified account

‏@jaysonst

A source who said yesterday the chances of Chris Sale getting dealt were under 5 percent says again this morning "under 5 percent"

This is perfectly played by Hahn. Keep telling these teams you won't budge because you truly don't have to. The worst team in baseball this year is interested in a Chris Sale trade tells you all you need to know. We do not have to move him but we have somehow made him available. Now, the ball is in your court and if you want him, come get him...you know the price.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:54 AM)
Definitely some conflicting reports this morning - Boston may be actively talking to the White Sox but chances don't seem more than extremely remote that they do anything.

Could be a different player.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
We have zero idea how much time and effort has been put into the movement of Sale from the front office.

Right. Until the actual deadline comes and the whole roster is still in tact, I'm going to assume Hahn is doing something other than talking to the Red Sox about Chris Sale.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)

My main concern is only this with waiting until the offseason: The White Sox again convincing themselves that they are close with their staff.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:52 AM)
So true. Teams that believe they are going to compete next year (which should be a lot) should be proactive and try to get in on this. I dont get it.

Maybe the Sox have no real interest in moving Q or Sale. Obviously you listen to offers for them and explore what teams are willing to give up, but this might just be posturing by the Sox. Weren't the Sox already offered a supposed king's ransom for Sale? Would give my left nut to see exactly who was on the table in that supposed trade.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:53 AM)
My thoughts- if this is really the case, and DD is that certain to not give in, then maybe we should stop wasting our time there and focus on Robertson/Frazier/Melky/Shields/Gonzalez/Quintana trades.

One would assume Hahn is a good multi-tasker...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)

It's been that all along. I think it's way more realistic Q goes than Sale just because of the value set.