White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:12 PM)
I'm sure they will be because they could be laying groundwork for the winter like Rosenthal, IIRC is who said it.

Hmmm...not sure they would waste time TODAY talking about a deal for the winter. I bet both teams need their phone lines open for today's work.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FT35 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Hmmm...not sure they would waste time TODAY talking about a deal for the winter. I bet both teams need their phone lines open for today's work.

Exactly what I said/thought... seems fishy to me

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:21 PM)
Joel ShermanVerified account

‏@Joelsherman1

Told #Redsox are NOT discussing Sale #whitesox

SO, they are discussing quintana...and maybe if they package him with Robertson/frazier...we get the top 4 since they now have a 3B too.

And we can focus on LAD w a Sale/Shields for Puig, Urias, DeLeon, Verdugo, Calhoun, Barnes package

I really wish something came up at work so I was totally slammed and couldn't check back on this for two hours and thirty three minutes. The constant refreshing and "maybe something's happening, maybe something isn't" is killing me.

Actually, I have something I could do. Horrifying, but I think I'm just addicted to this s***.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Exactly what I said/thought... seems fishy to me

Well they may not want to do it today but could give in during the off season depending on their playoff run.

One thing that makes it fishy to me is this is Ortiz' last season. I thought they'd wana get him one more ring or run at it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:32 AM)
We're standing pat guys. Get ready for the the recycled Rick Hahn message.

Dude! Don't kill my dreams, man.

Why the f*** am I still here? Please just be 3PM already, so I can either go about my life or start hardcore reading statistics for Julio Urias, Andrew Benintendi or Nomar Mazara...

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
From reading around it seems like a great majority of Red Sox fans don't want a deal for Sale to get done.

Can't blame them. Think about how much you didn't want to trade Tim Anderson last year (not you but in general) and then add that he's the #1 prospect in baseball.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:30 PM)
Well they may not want to do it today but could give in during the off season depending on their playoff run.

One thing that makes it fishy to me is this is Ortiz' last season. I thought they'd wana get him one more ring or run at it.

I obviously wouldn't gut my farm system for that reason only but I agree with you...since they are in the playoff picture now, it's enough added incentive to put me over the edge. Ortiz is the heart and soul...I'd want to do everything I could do tee it up for him one last time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
Really surprised there is 0 quintana chatter and has been. Kind've reaffirms that others don't see his market as the same.

Teams would likely be giving up only slightly less for Quintana compared to Sale. You wouldn't want to be the GM that emptied the top of your system and got Quintana when Sale was still available.