White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
According to whitesoxdave... FWIW I was told the #WhiteSox turned down a Benintendi, Kopech, Johnson/Ball, and PTBNL package for Quintana from #RedSox

Just wondering out of curiosity could a PTBNL be a guy on the major league team?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
Just because they have Kimbrel coming back soon, doesn't mean they wouldn't be interested in another back-end reliever. Robertson would still be a weapon for them.

And where did you see anything about Benintendi coming up? He has 258 plate appearances in AA, that would be an absurd rush job.

Benintendi being recalled.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 07:41 PM)
JR doesn't want the team to suck too badly since the TV contract will be negotiated in a year or two.

It doesn't matter, the Sox already have the worst ratings of any MLB team, the team doesn't have much further to sink in that department. Outside of a relocation, there isn't a lot going for the Sox in their next TV contract.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 08:41 AM)
Yea our organization doesn't know a thing about absurd rush jobs right? ;)

No it is a rush. He has no time at AAA, 200+ AB in AA and he has to play a left field that has challenges. But ironically he passed Rusney Castillo who was at AAA.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
No it is a rush. He has no time at AAA, 200+ AB in AA and he has to play a left field that has challenges. But ironically he passed Rusney Castillo who was at AAA.

Definitely a showcase by Boston for Sale.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
Definitely a showcase by Boston for Sale.

Not at all. They have a hole in LF due to injuries. I posted yesterday that several Boston media people said several sources indicated Sale was never really on the market because of JR. That would concur w DD saying he had no contact since Friday w Hahn.

Now if Moncada ends up in LF instead of 3B and Ben. has his struggles, then maybe for Q next winter.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)

You definitely misread what I was saying to CWS.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 07:36 AM)
Price gave up another 4 runs. They'll come crawling, begging for Sale this winter watch. Sale will be a Red Sox for Monvada, Benny +++

If they decide to sell. Though I don't think selling one of them for a couple near-MLB ready position players is the signal of a teardown.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
If they decide to sell. Though I don't think selling one of them for a couple near-MLB ready position players is the signal of a teardown.

That's why I think they're gona move Sale. Ya lose an ace but could gain a great package of position players and a pitcher in return.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 12:44 PM)
http://www.overthemonster.com/2016/8/3/123...trigger-on-sale

Red Sox were unwilling to trade Moncada or Betts...

I love his closing line...

Chris Sale is still in the wrong Sox uniform.

Typical Northeast jackassery.

If Dombrowski doesn't want to give up Moncada or Betts, he's going to have to give up either Bradley or the #2-5 prospects in the Red Sox system, and probably something else on top of that. If he doesn't like that, he's going to have to settle for a lesser pitcher.

Edited by Black_Jack29

QUOTE (Black_Jack29 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
I love his closing line...

Typical Northeast jackassery.

If Dombrowski doesn't want to give up Moncada or Betts, he's going to have to give up either Bradley or the #2-5 prospects in the Red Sox system, and probably something else on top of that. If he doesn't like that, he's going to have to settle for a lesser pitcher.

Moncada HAS to be in the deal and he will. He and Benintendi. I don't have to have betts. I'd take JBJ. JBJ, Moncada, Kopech, Devers would work if they absolutely had to keep Benintendi if they gave up Moncada. Benintendi could replace Bradley. That's just a random though. I think this will be done because I think the Red Sox will cave in the winter after they watch their rotation fall apart. Now, you could also have more moving parts like a Robertson or Melky moved in the package to entice them more and receive more. Point is, Boston is the perfect match for what the sox want and need to do. It just makes too much sense. I thought they'd cave at the deadline at one point. Them or Texas. But an ace on the market this winter will have a lot of suitors and more teams willing to give up a major league player in return rather than mid season. I'd almost bet on these two matching up this winter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 03:55 PM)
That seems like a fan article with no real sourcing, but seemingly just repeating other reports on who Boston would deal.

I think WSD said it would have to a Betts package. Then on trade deadline day, I thought Phil Rogers said they were unwilling to include Moncada and Benintendi in a deal. So I could see that article being somewhat correct.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
I think WSD said it would have to a Betts package. Then on trade deadline day, I thought Phil Rogers said they were unwilling to include Moncada and Benintendi in a deal. So I could see that article being somewhat correct.

Moncada, Betts, and Boegarts were untouchables from Red Sox. Benintendi, I'm not sure about, but wouldn't have been enough for Sale.