Specific Trade Ideas

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 07:31 PM)
I joked about this in the winner thread so here we go:

White Sox get:

C Lucroy

RP Will Smith

Brewers get:

Fulmer, Adams, 3B Trey M., and Jordan Stephens

White Sox get:

OF Jay Bruce and eat all of his salary

Reds get:

Jordan Guerrero, Courtney Hawkins

White Sox get:

RP Arodys Vizcaino

Braves get:

Engel, May, Danish

JR and KW say f*** it and go for it!

LOL had to after this Cubs win. Sox giving it one last run and deplete and already bare farm system just to piss off SoxTalk.

Oh... And I'm sure the Reds will get a top prospect.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
Sadly - not enough this year even if it went down like that. 2017 would be looking nice thou. Which is scary when considering the prospect of this front office flipping a switch.

Sell, sell, sell.

Ya that's why I wasn't keen on KWs comments about the direction. I think that's this game of poker everyone's playing right now but I still have that doubt in the back of my mind considering the things that went on last season.

I'm just ready for an overhaul and some younger fresh blood and a new farm system from the trades.

Robertson to the Nats is an intriguing option. They could shoot for the stars and ask for Robles. They could also not throw in cash and try to get a package of Reynaldo Lopez and maybe try buying low on Taylor.

This team is so frustrating. Less than a week ago I was pretty sure one of Sale or Quintana would be dealt plus maybe another player or two (Melky, Robertson, etc.) and the Sox could add some really good young potential talent. Now they decide to go on a run, and while doing so look really good against a very good team (Cubs). I still don't think this team as constructed will compete, but my guess is that they (the front office) is holding onto that hope. I wouldn't be surprised if they stand pat or make a minor move to "add".

However, unless a team overwhelms the Sox with an offer, I now don't see Sale or Quintana going anywhere. I could see Robertson being dealt even if they think they can compete. Maybe Robertson to the Nationals for a package centered around Robles or Severino and Ward. Ultimately I'd like to the Sox add some position player prospects. I know pitching is extremely valuable, but the Sox lack depth in position players.

RHP Miguel Gonzalez to MIA for RHPs Austin Brice (MIA #11 prospect) and Cody Poteet (MIA's #17 prospect)

RHP James Shields and cash to CHC for RHP Duane Underwood (CHC #7 Prospect) and OF Eddy Martinez (CHC #14 prospect)

LHP Zach Duke to TEX for RHP Luke Jackson (TEX #20 prospect) and LHP Andrew Faulkner (TEX #22 prospect)

RHP David Robertson to WSH for RHP Erick Fedde (MLB #92 prospect), 3B Drew Ward (WSH #12 prospect), C Pedro Severino (WSH #16 prospect), and OF Brian Goodwin

RHP Matt Albers to BOS for RHP Pat Light (BOS #14 prospect)

3B Todd Frazier to NYM for OF Brandon Nimmo (NYM #5 prospect), 2B Dilson Herrera, and C Kevin Plawecki

OF Melky Cabrera to SF for RHP Tyler Beede (SF #3 prospect)

Edited by ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
RHP Miguel Gonzalez to MIA for RHPs Austin Brice (MIA #11 prospect) and Cody Poteet (MIA's #17 prospect)

RHP James Shields and cash to CHC for RHP Duane Underwood (CHC #7 Prospect) and OF Eddy Martinez (CHC #14 prospect)

LHP Zach Duke to TEX for RHP Luke Jackson (TEX #20 prospect) and LHP Andrew Faulkner (TEX #22 prospect)

RHP David Robertson to WSH for RHP Erick Fedde (MLB #92 prospect), 3B Drew Ward (WSH #12 prospect), C Pedro Severino (WSH #16 prospect), and OF Brian Goodwin

3B Todd Frazier to NYM for OF Brandon Nimmo (NYM #5 prospect), 2B Dilson Herrera, and C Kevin Plawecki

Sounds good to me.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)

May as well trade Q and Sale at that point, as the 2017 is going to be horrible and none of the guys you are acquiring are going to move the needle much at all in 2017, if ever.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
May as well trade Q and Sale at that point, as the 2017 is going to be horrible and none of the guys you are acquiring are going to move the needle much at all in 2017, if ever.

Frees up money from JR's payroll to go after Cespedes/Bautista in FA or add a guy like Ian Desmond (All guys who can be proven All-Stars in the AL) along with getting younger, and I disagree, I think lots of those prospects will make an impact, some immediate and some large

Quintana to the Pirates in a trade centered around Austin Meadows. In addition to Meadows the Sox get back either Tyler Glasnow or Mitch Keller, Ke'Bryan Hayes and the comp pick they'll get for losing Liriano.

I have always been really big on Austin Meadows, he can hit for a high average, has very good plate discipline and projects to be an above average defender in CF, although I do like him better in LF because his arm from the outfield is average at best. At 6'3 200lbs, MLB Pipeline has as a 60 runner and he is learning to tap into his power.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)
Quintana to the Pirates in a trade centered around Austin Meadows. In addition to Meadows the Sox get back either Tyler Glasnow or Mitch Keller, Ke'Bryan Hayes and the comp pick they'll get for losing Liriano.

I have always been really big on Austin Meadows, he can hit for a high average, has very good plate discipline and projects to be an above average defender in CF, although I do like him better in LF because his arm from the outfield is average at best. At 6'3 200lbs, MLB Pipeline has as a 60 runner and he is learning to tap into his power.

I've been thinking the same as you but don't see how Pirates can be aggressive buyers given their situation.

Miguel Gonzalez to the Marlins for OF Isael Soto and OF Stone Garrett

David Robertson to the Nationals for SP Erick Fedde and OF Michael Taylor

Todd Frazier to the Mets for C Kevin Plawecki, SP Thomas Szapucki, and OF Brandon Nimmo

Chris Sale to the Red Sox for 2B Yoan Moncada, OF Andrew Benintendi, C/OF Blake Swihart, SP Michael Kopech, and 1B Nick Longhi

Jose Quintana to the Dodgers for SP Julio Urias, OF Alex Verdugo, 2B Willie Calhoun, and OF Starling Heredia

Melky Cabrera to the Giants for SP Tyler Beede and SS CJ Hinojosa

Thoughts?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
Miguel Gonzalez to the Marlins for OF Isael Soto and OF Stone Garrett

David Robertson to the Nationals for SP Erick Fedde and OF Michael Taylor

Todd Frazier to the Mets for C Kevin Plawecki, SP Thomas Szapucki, and OF Brandon Nimmo

Chris Sale to the Red Sox for 2B Yoan Moncada, OF Andrew Benintendi, C/OF Blake Swihart, SP Michael Kopech, and 1B Nick Longhi

Jose Quintana to the Dodgers for SP Julio Urias, OF Alex Verdugo, 2B Willie Calhoun, and OF Starling Heredia

Melky Cabrera to the Giants for SP Tyler Beede and SS CJ Hinojosa

Thoughts?

Well, we would immediately become the worst team in baseball, but would have the greatest farm system ever. That's got to be like what...8 or 9 top 100 players? In addition to the 2 we already have. That's a crazy amount of arb eligible players at the same time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:51 PM)
Final prediction is the FO basically fails us by standing pat, aside from the Duke trade and, I'll say Robertson to Boston for Michael Chavis

Duke and Jones will be the two pieces moved.

Jones will be dealt for a AAA catcher we'll plug into the spot next season when we go for it again........

CHW Trade Q and Robertson to LAD for Puig/Urias/Bellinger

CHW Trade Chris Sale to BOS for Moncada/Bentendi/Devers/Swihart

If Rodon/Urias/Fulmer develop over the next two months and next year and the position players prospects we trade for also live up to their potential we can compete in 2018 if not 2017.

1B- Abreu (2017) Bellinger (2018)

2B- Lawrie (2017) Moncada (2018)

SS- Anderson

3B- Frazier (2017) Devers (2018)

LF- Melky (2017) Eaton (2018)

CF- Eaton (2017) Bentendi (2018)

RF- Puig

C- Swihart (2017)/Collins (2018)

DH- Moreau (2017) Abreu (2018)

SP- Shields

SP- Gonzalez

SP-Urias

SP-Rodon

SP- Fulmer (2017)

RP- Petricka

RP- Putnam

RP- Yona

RP- Burdi

RP- Jennings

CP- Jones

Bench:

Saladino

Tilson

Etc

Etc

Etc

My two cents...

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Duke and Jones will be the two pieces moved.

Jones will be dealt for a AAA catcher we'll plug into the spot next season when we go for it again........

Why trade Jones now? We can trade Robertson and make Jones the closer then trade him in 1-1.5 years for a much higher return.

Edited by soxforlife05