Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 06:53 AM)
Not scientific, but probably the majority of people on Sale's side are under 30, probably much younger.

Eh we all have b****ed and moaned about Sox management . I can only imagine being a player wondering what the f*** are they doing. A highly competitive person often gets angry under those conditions. It's not right what he did but it's also understandable. I am sympathetic to him but wish he'd find another outlet for his anger and come to his senses and apologize. I am sure he regrets it already.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm not on Sale's side. He needs to show more maturity.

It was an internal matter and mgt should have handled it internally. They don't have to air all the dirty laundry.

I have yet to be convinced this actually happened. All of the slave local media was all telling the "flu" story. I think the Sox were trying to cover for him again.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
I have yet to be convinced this actually happened. All of the slave local media was all telling the "flu" story. I think the Sox were trying to cover for him again.

Even barstool Dave still maintains that it didn't happen.... but I'll trust Ken Rosenthal over him.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 05:50 PM)
That will teach him.

Great post again. You are on fire lately.

I am not raging mad, but I don't think he should have been suspended at all. Make him pay for the uniforms. What the hell did he do that was so bad? He asked the team to not wear them. They should have figured something out at that point. I know you can't be bigger than the team, but don't forget you are dealing with an inept organization. Everybody in baseball with half a brain knows Ventura shouldn't still be manager and it's a joke he is.

Cmon. Ventura has shown "beyond a shadow of a doubt" that this hasn't worked out. The way the Sox play, the clownish way the Sox have dropped games the last two seasons at least, has to be maddening to a competitor like Sale. Just maddening.

The guy is so good compared to the rest of the bums on this team (apologies to Anderson, Abreu, Eaton, Robertson, Q, maybe Frazier) I think it's ok he freak out. He made the reasonable request and they denied it and he destroyed the jerseys. Fine. Make him pay for them. He's Chris Sale ... he should freak out having to work for these inept clowns.

Repeat: Any organization that still has Robin managing at this point is not to be taken seriously. Case closed.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 10:55 AM)
This team is a circus.

Terrible management leads to dealing assets....f***ing right it's a circus. Remember, the owner chose Jerry Krause over Phil Jackson. That's who we're dealing with when it comes to being loyal to a fault.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 12:55 PM)
This team is a circus.

My thoughts exactly. JR should take a cue from the Cubs/Hawks/Bears. It's time to clean house and quit having this team be the joke of the city as it is now. Personally I think the CWS and the Bulls have the worst FO's in the city right now and JR is ok with that. Sigh.. :(

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 09:47 AM)
If Sale was that uncomfortable in it, the answer is yes. Whether he truly was or not, only he knows.

Have you ever felt the material of the uniforms that the pro's wear now? They may have gotten lighter + that vent under the arms, but they aren't exactly comfortable to begin with. The weather last night was 90 and humid. Whether Sale wore nothing, the regular home white or the '76 throwback, it was likely that he was going to be uncomfortable. If a jersey material effects your pitching, you need to start looking at yourself.

so the clubhouse staff is doing the job requested of them by the marketing department that work long hours with not great pay to provide a marketable product to their fans and chris sale needed to bully them to show who wears the $2000 suit?

good work Chris, always about winning.