Chris Sale scratched from start

Baron

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 24, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
When the Sale s*** is on the local news in St. Louis you know it is bad.

My aunt, who lives in a shotty house and groomed dogs from her bathroom for a living, knew about Chris Sale today at a brunch I hosted. He's a cry baby house hold laughing stock nationally, who just so happens to also be one of the most talented baseball players in the world.

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I haven't really said much on this, but James Shields commented yesterday I guess about Sale and basically said from the time he's been around him, he's been one of the best clubhouse / lockeroom guys he's ever been around. Given Shields overall sterling reputation (from a lockeroom) perspective, I'd take it as a plus. Obviously in the heat of the moment, he did something he shouldn't have done, but Sale had complained multiple times about the jerseys (last year and again in spring training when they had him try it on). He still should have worn them and not did what he did in the end, but it was Hayes who basically mentioned, people think Sale is this lockeroom cancer, when in fact, it is really the opposite.

Right now, the legacy of this season is Drake LaRoche, Tim Anderson, Adam Eaton and Sales's performance as well as behavior.

It would behoove Hahn to do something in the next week to give the fans a reason or two to feel positive heading into 2017, as it's unlikely to occur on the free agency market.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
So I haven't really said much on this, but James Shields commented yesterday I guess about Sale and basically said from the time he's been around him, he's been one of the best clubhouse / lockeroom guys he's ever been around. Given Shields overall sterling reputation (from a lockeroom) perspective, I'd take it as a plus. Obviously in the heat of the moment, he did something he shouldn't have done, but Sale had complained multiple times about the jerseys (last year and again in spring training when they had him try it on). He still should have worn them and not did what he did in the end, but it was Hayes who basically mentioned, people think Sale is this lockeroom cancer, when in fact, it is really the opposite.

Maybe Sale is popular in the clubhouse and is liked by teammates, but I don't see how you can act like the culture in the clubhouse is fine. I'm not saying it's Sale's fault or that he could even do anything, but sometimes a fresh slate and new voice is needed by everyone. If this was the only incident this season I would just chalk it up to a guy being frustrated, but how Sale handled the whole Laroche situation really rubbed me the wrong way as well. Either way, a decade without a playoff series wins and its pretty damn obvious that something needs to change and aside from the FO (which 100% needs to be changed as well), Sale is the biggest and most significant piece that can be moved.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 10:00 AM)
This was handled so poorly I can't help but wonder if he wasn't set up so the fans (all 20,000 of them) won't go ballistic when he is dealt.

They tried to cover this one up, like how they have others.

But sometimes s*** is too crazy.

I just can't condone what Sale did here. I can understand his frustration about not winning and thinking that the team is more interested in marketing. But to shred all of the jerseys and throw a temper tantrum just makes him look like a fool. The Sox did the right thing by suspending him, but I'm not sure it'll do any good. If anything, he might even be saltier about the whole thing. Before all of this, I was barely willing to accept the idea of trading him for a huge haul. Now, I'm more willing, but I'd still want to see a huge haul. My concern is that if he isn't traded (now or in the off season), will relations between him and the Sox ever heal?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
I just can't condone what Sale did here. I can understand his frustration about not winning and thinking that the team is more interested in marketing. But to shred all of the jerseys and throw a temper tantrum just makes him look like a fool. The Sox did the right thing by suspending him, but I'm not sure it'll do any good. If anything, he might even be saltier about the whole thing. Before all of this, I was barely willing to accept the idea of trading him for a huge haul. Now, I'm more willing, but I'd still want to see a huge haul. My concern is that if he isn't traded (now or in the off season), will relations between him and the Sox ever heal?

My guess is Chris realizes what a dumb thing it was to do and regrets it. Despite the narrative that some are trying to spin, Chris does not hate the White Sox or playing for this organization. He may not agree with everything (what employee does?), but he had a momentraily lapse of judgement and I am sure he is embarrassed as all hell.

All will be fine.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 09:35 PM)
The "trade value dropping" tweets have been all over tonight

FWIW: Was watching a little of the Red Sox /Twins broadcast the other night. Steve Lyons, flaky himself during his career, was doing the color and play by play Dave O'Brien brought up the Chris Sale incident that night. Lyons asked if O'Brien thought teams would now shy away from Sale. O'Brien said "no with that left arm he can wear any uniform he wants".

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
I don't mind anything he said.

He obviously doesn't give a s*** about what the team thinks.

I would never trade him because of his mouth, but I would trade him because of the opportunity he presents to turn this organization around.

Get something done.

This guy has no clue. SHUT YOUR MOUTH. I mean come on, he hasn't even been pitching all that well the past two months. Suck it up and wear the damn uniform dude. I really hope he is traded now. He has absolutely no self awareness... getting paid millions of dollars to pitch ~30~ times a year and he's whining about it.